Triggers

JackDownUnder

Suddenly having problems with Wait For Trigger command.

Refer to image, selecting command turns it grey.

I have been wondering why over the past week or so why there were errors with movements of the consists.

This is what I found this morning.

Commands are installed showing no errors.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Which build of TRS19 are you using?

When a driver command turns grey in the selection list it usually means that there are no targets for its action (i.e. in this case no triggers are set but your screenshot clearly shows that there are triggers) or that there is a timeout issue (e.g. too many locos with scripts that are taking too long to resolve - but I was under the impression that this issue was resolved in TRS19 SP1, so it could depend on which build of TRS19 you are using).

My first recommendation would be to create a small test route with a single trigger and two locos - one to activate the trigger and the other to be controlled by the WaitFor Trigger command - and see what happens.

EDIT: I just tested the Waitfor Trigger command on one of my TRS19 SP1 routes and it is working fine.

Last edited:
I have the latest build TRS2019 105096 however I did populate my York station with some loco's a few days ago, I will delete them and try again.

Remove excess loco's however no change to access to selection of Triggers.

I will do a TBR

Last edited:
It is still possible that something, such as a faulty asset or a poorly written asset script, is causing a timeout error,

Did you update any of the assets during that period?

Have you tried my suggestion of a simple test route?

G'day Jack, this problem has been mentioned before on the forum, I and others had the same symptoms. It seems Wait for Trigger is broken in the newest builds for some of us at least. Fortunately there is a solution, you can down load "VarniTriggernelParancs" <kuid:293370:100006> and use it instead. Don't let the name put you off, it works exactly the same way and is all in English except for the title.
huddo

Did you update any of the assets during that period?

Have you tried my suggestion of a simple test route?

Quite a lot since coming home after Xmas.
Barn700 payware who I purchase from all the time
Carriages from various railways for the pre WW1 period.
The later are what I needed to return to a pre sP! final instal.

I will try to remove them after first creating a cdp of them all so that I do not have to find them again.

Will let you know how I go on.

I posted a TPR and the problem is resolved.

I had a lot of AWS Ramp triggers added due to a merge I had carried out.

Deleted all of these and the problem resolved itself.

Last edited:
Will let you know how I go on.

I posted a TPR and the problem is resolved.

I had a lot of AWS Ramp triggers added due to a merge I had carried out.

Deleted all of these and the problem resolved itself.​

Last edited by JackDownUnder; Today at 01:02 PM. Reason: final solution​

Back