Driver Commands greying out

davidbird

ex-Chilwellian
I have a large, complex route and session. I have noticed recently that some Driver Commands cannot be activated. I can use the "Driver Command - Specifies which commands will be available to players in Driver" rule to make them available to be added to the sequence of driver commands in the "Driver Setup - Create the list of drivers and assign them their orders" rule.

However some of them, although they appear, when I mouse-over to add them to a schedule, they change to grey and cannot be added.

I first noticed this on the "Call At" command, for use with the AJS invisible stations, but I thought that this may have been because it was needing an update.

Since then it also happens on "Copy commands from" and also "Wait on trigger".

A search on the forum suggested this may be due to "time out" errors.

So I have checked on a simple session on a single board, 1 EIT with 4 paths, 1 train with a total of 16 vehicles. The "Wait on trigger" does work, now the "Decouple" command is greyed out. I cannot believe this is a timeout error when the route/session only has 16 vehicles in total.

Any ideas? Is this a bug to report?

Thanks

They may be defective, in the sense they cannot obtain the information they need, or there is a null reference. I suggest you consult the red bug indicator.

Decouple has never been available on a new route setup. It does not have a list of vehicle names in its library. It is available once the game knows what vehicles are on the route. That's why most people use the uncouplez command in the setup. There is a limit to the number of commands of each type that can be set up in schedules.

Decouple has never been available on a new route setup. It does not have a list of vehicle names in its library. It is available once the game knows what vehicles are on the route. That's why most people use the uncouplez command in the setup. There is a limit to the number of commands of each type that can be set up in schedules.

Thanks, sure enough, I can add the Decouple command to the driver schedule when the session is running, just not at session set up.

'Wait on Trigger' gets greyed out if you have too many triggers. Many track objects are also defined as triggers, which means on a large route this issue comes up all the time. On my route I rename these spurious triggers with the same name, which seems to fix the problem. If you are developing a session for someone else's large route it can be a real show stopper.

Last edited:
'Wait on Trigger' gets greyed out if you have too many triggers. Many track objects are also defined as triggers, which means on a large route this issue comes up all the time. On my route I rename these spurious triggers with the same name, which seems to fix the problem. If you are developing a session for someone else's large route it can be a real show stopper.

Thanks Phil. When I started developing the route, I was using trackmarkers to name tracks within sidings, etc. So I do have a lot of trackmarks that are not used as such. I am now using the "C+ SO Note" series of trackside objects, which do not show up in any list of triggers or trackmarkers. I shall try deleting all the unneccessary trackmarkers and see what that does.

Brilliant! You confirm what I suspected (many years by now). So, what is too many?

Back