Adding Interlocking Basic Data

escd84

I need a hint in the right direction again.

I fed my Pguy´s Quick Portal Manager Rule with drivers, consist and schedulen.

Now, the consist are not saved on session level, just like the drivers. So I added all the drivers and consist manually in the config as a dependency.

When I edit the session and save it, they disappear again and again. What exactly am I doing wrong?

QPM uses pre-defined consists, which you must create and save using the pull-out Trains tab on the right-hand side (at least in TANE; not sure how it works in TRS19). Once you have named your consist it is saved to your local database and will thus be available for any sessions you create.

John

Correct - I have extensively used this program and the train that comes from the portal must be specified as one of the predefined consists. You can create your own and +store it there, so you are not stuck with the base set. I found no odd glitches with the program. As usual most of these things assume some level of user knowledge and thus the instructions (if any) vary in quality.

You both are right, but that's not what it was about. I want to know, how I manage to get the consist, I need for the QPM, as a dependency of the session. If you delete your consist which you have used in the QPM, then it does not matter for the game. If you have deposited them in the config, you realize that something is missing. The only problem is that they are deleted every time you save the session

From what I can see, by looking at one of my own sessions, the individual vehicles that make up the consist are saved as session dependencies, while the named consists themselves are not. For you, running locally, this is not an issue since your local db contains the named consists referenced in QPM. However, I can see how this would be a potential pain if you wanted to post a session on the DLS. You could of course upload your pre-defined consists, but I'm not sure how anyone downloading the session would get them automatically (i.e. without you specifying them via the session description or via a post in the forum).

I suspect this might be a Trainz issue rather than one specific to the QPM rule, but perhaps pguy can comment at some point.

John

Hi.

Normaly QPM does not need at run time under driver the presence of the consist asset used under surveyor. When the session is saved, QPM saves both the consist name and the composition of the consist (vehicles assets, vehicle orientation, ... ). At run time, it first searches for a consist asset with the target saved name in the local configuration : if it find one it will load the named consist configuration but if it does not found any consist with that name it will then use the saved consist definition.
That way, if you have updated the consist definition QPM will use the last current consist definition for that name, and if you have deleted the consist definition or if you have installed your session on another Trainz configuration without importing any consist definition it should still work using the saved consist definition that was saved when you last save your session in surveyor.
So you should not need any consist dependency and that is why the dependency is not added to the session. To be honest, it is also implemented this way because it is not very simple to retrieve the consist Kuid for a named saved consist ...

Hope this helps.
Regards.

Pierre.

Thanks for all the replies, I understand what you want to say. My challenge was, when it comes to sending the session to someone, where does anyone know which rolling stock he needs, so that all trains are created by the QPM. If I installed all rolling stock in my session then there it is no problem for the QPM to generate all trains, but if it does only occur in a consist then it will not be displayed as missing an so no train will come out of QPM.

Long story short, I came up with the solution to make a html for the session which contains some info when you start the session and I've added all consist as a dependency.

So, you have the session, for that you need the html, which contains all information about the consist and the rolling stock, thus, the QPM has everything he needs and the session can be used by anyone without something missing.

Back