TANE (SP2/SP3), TS12, TS10: Objects: Any option to "Apply rotation" instead manually

Red_Rattler

Since 09 May 2003
TANE (SP2/SP3), TS12, TS10: Objects: Any option to "Apply rotation" instead manually

Mainly for TANE SP2 & SP3, but TS12 & TS10 as well.

Is their any option in the objects to use "Apply" for the chosen rotation you choose for object XYZ?

At the moment, you have to rotate each individual object, and often that takes a lot of time.

Last edited:
Is their any option in the objects to use "Apply" for the chosen rotation you choose for object XYZ?

No. This has been requested several times over the years, but no action yet. It should be the same as for spline height - a Get, a text box for the amount, and an Apply. An option to copy and paste with the same rotation would also be nice.

The versions you mention are not going to be updated, but we can hope for current versions.

I assume you know about random rotation, but I'm guessing you want things facing the same way?

At Alikiwi I doubt piers for XYZ would be suitable for random rotation - usually!

But I think I've found a solution. Just use the copy and paste method, and then move the objects where they're needed.

Looks like this was planned as the objects has an "Advanced" option that doesn't show anything. So they were either planning it, or it was forgotten.

But as much as possible, I try to reduce the number of objects, and use other stuff instead.

Looks like this was planned as the objects has an "Advanced" option that doesn't show anything. So they were either planning it, or it was forgotten.

But as much as possible, I try to reduce the number of objects, and use other stuff instead.

I believe you're spot on with this. There's been talk about adding in a fixed height tool as well like for splines so we can type in a specific height and apply that to a bunch-o-assets. This is so needed when placing stuff along a raised road on an embankment, buildings, and what not.

Back