Data Folder question

ekeenan

I purchased the World Edition and I am still in the process of installing the routes/packages. When you change the location of the data folder while still installing the routes/packages, are the contents of the package folder suppose to be included? I changed the location of the data folder while still installing the routes and I noticed that what was installed was never carried over to the new location. Is this by design or a bug?

I purchased the World Edition and I am still in the process of installing the routes/packages. When you change the location of the data folder while still installing the routes/packages, are the contents of the package folder suppose to be included? I changed the location of the data folder while still installing the routes and I noticed that what was installed was never carried over to the new location. Is this by design or a bug?

Your content should be using the new location including packages (DLC).

Verify that this is true, go to the Trainz Settings on the Launcher and the Install tab. This will display a path, and hopefully it's the one that you have chosen to put your content.

If it has not, you can move your content folder to another location.

See this here:

https://support.trainzportal.com/in.../0/moving-or-creating-a-new-local-data-folder

It's a lot easier than me typing up the instructions.

When you change the location of the data folder while still installing the routes/packages, are the contents of the package folder suppose to be included?

Did you copy the data folder to the new location (as well as changing the location in the Settings tab)?

You can compare the Packages folders at the two locations, and copy the packages across manually to avoid downloading them again. A database repair will be required to re-install them.

Thanks for the reply. I did copy the packages over, but I did not think about doing a database repair.

If everything is pointing in the right place, you shouldn't need to do anything. You may have old data in the old location still, but all the packages are in the new location. As I said, check the install path in the install path. If it's pointing to your location of choice, then there shouldn't be a problem. It helps if you use a simpler name such as TRS19_DATA as I do with my data folder located on my expansive (and expensive) 8 TB hard E: drive.

Back