Just a few questions about TRS 2019

When is the last time that PC had a good cleaning, I.E Reformat? It might just be time to start squeaky clean. I'd really ponder it at this point.

But, that is a cop out, and it really could be a N3V thing, or something playing foul on the side of injection. Sometime tells me the way TR19 overlay for HUD is coded is causing some issues obviously, on practical hardware.

Can you also try NOT running ANY monitoring software, no On Screen Display (OSD), no Geforce Experience, no Shadowplay. Just use Task Manager to monitor usage and loads under Performance. Still do it?

Something just tells me two OSDs are playing a fighting match behind the scenes somewhere. The games, and something else. Just a hunch from similar problems I had in various games in QA days.

This has been mentioned before numerous times and it's not just related to TRS19.

If anyone wants to check frame rates in the game, there's something already built-in called the profiler. Click on the Developer menu item on the Launcher, or on Content Manager for that matter, and choose Show Profiler.

What this does is open a small window with stuff in it. A lot this stuff doesn't make much sense to us, but more importantly at the top part is the frame rates! Yes we can monitor the frame rates in the game using a built-in utility, and I did compare them to my EVGA PrecisionX OSD, and the were the same. I then canceled the EVGA one because it did cause extra stuttering. The system monitoring bug is a known issue with Windows 10.

I'd suggest using Resource Monitor and have a look at what is going on with the disk drives as just what is accessing it or them other than TRS19 whilst running it.

In post #52 I note you have shadows set to High. That's a definite performance killer and I have them turned off mostly because I dislike the constant flickering if you move anything.

Yes but I don't use Detail Scenery neither (off). I have better performances with shadows high and without detail scenery than the reverse. If I have to desactivate shadows too, I just have to play TANE instead, that will be more easy :D

I can have 60 FPS constantly and there are flikerings / stutterings at 60 FPS , or 30 FPS (if I use an half vsync) that mean there is a huge lost FPS for may be 1 second and it's smooth again. So yes, it's not always related to TRS 2019, but I think there is something in there too and could be improved. I can desactive all what you want, monitoring software, etc... etc... stutters are there. Even after making a total defragmentation of my 3 HDD.

And I have looked at the HUD pb and there is nothing to do but desactivate it. If I desactivate it I have better performances.

On my rig : detail scenery = low perf that's why I turned it off. For shadow if I don't move that's ok, If I move yes I have some flikers/stutters but less than before and less than if I activate detail scenery. So I play like this for now and wait for patches to see if changes made in them could up the performances.

How I often say : my rig is not "white" but the engine neither ;) I can improve my rig and make it the most clean possible and check/uncheck options that are demanding, but the game can be (with patches) improved too (the HUD pb is weird and it's already reported in an other topic).

But I'm positive, I'm sure that the game will be improved over time (and my rig I hope I will be able to improve it soon). I remember and other game (TSW) with very very very very bad performances on my rig (the same as I have today) and today, after multiple patches, run almost smoothly. Just to say that we can improve our rig/computer, options that we use, but the game can be improve too to help with performances.

I'm sure that the game will be improve over time, and performances too.

Last edited:
Back