Cornish Mainline and Branches 2 versions ???

Patrick31

Trainz Driver
So now we are on RC Stage I still ended up with 2 versions of Cornish Mainline and Branches. One is called 1930's Cornish Mainline and Branches and the other is called just Cornish Mainline and Branches so what is the difference between the 2 the 1930's one is in gray color box btw??? Also how do we get rid of the old versions if you got a new version ?? Because I also have 2 versions now of Niddertalbahn one is in Gray color box again and one in yellow color

Talking about that...

What *is* the difference between assets in gold vs grey boxes in the the asset browser windows? It doesn't seem to map cleanly to built-in vs not vs payware so not obvious.

Diego

Gold is Premium Routes as in Payware / Builtin Payware as in Included Routes.
Grey is Routes from the DLS or your own and older versions of DLC as in TANE DLC.

The two Cornwall Routes have completely different Kuids as do the two Nildertabahn

<kuid2:515942:100004:1> 1930s Cornish Mainline and Branches - Truro to Penzance * old TANE version *
<kuid2:515942:100169:13> Cornish Mainline and Branches - TRS19 * New version which is bigger. *
<kuid2:661281:200001:4> Niddertalbahn * old TANE version *
<kuid2:620415:101000:15> Niddertalbahn - TRS19 * New version again which is bigger. *

The "New" Cornwall route has some PBR Textures and the New Nildertalbahn has PBR Textures and TurfFx.

Thanks for the explanation and asset KUID list.

Is this clearly documented someplace so that the folks upgrading through their MANY older versions of Trainz know what assets to download / keep ?

Diego

The old route has a number of TANE DLC sessions attached, and so it's best to keep it.

Semi-serious question then: What’s the point of marking those old (but best to keep them) TANE routes as anything other than built-in / required then? IMO segregating them creates potential confusion for no gain.

Diego

Semi-serious question then: What’s the point of marking those old (but best to keep them) TANE routes as anything other than built-in / required then? IMO segregating them creates potential confusion for no gain.

Diego

Because delete the folder from packages and they will just pop up to be downloaded again, just disable what you don't need to see.
Worth keeping as you may well require many of the assets for the routes in other routes yours and from the DLS. Disk space is a cheap as it's ever been these days.

Thanks again for the asset type explanation. I’m embarrassed to say that I somehow missed the in-game tooltips :eek:

diego

Back