Beta 97420 to 97513 update now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We've released a PC only update for 97420 (19MB). Enjoy the testing ... we're nearly ready for the next official update!

This version includes:
- adjustments to m.reflect
- use irradiance textures for legacy material reflections
- workaround for some assets have their normals in the mesh pointed the wrong way (e.g. Skipper locos)- fix for loading older format route files (routes not loading terrain)
- some tracksearch fixes (should fix a couple of AI issues, but requires further testing)
- fix for some Nav points not being removed from the Track profile
- Test Track fixes

Not yet included are a variety of environment and shader settings including:
- updates to legacy splines (lighting tweaks)
- update to wireframe brightness
- environment settings adjustment on import of pre-TRS19 routes

Still investigating a possible fix for 2D "intersecting-plane" grass clumps.

Also not yet included:
- a number of content updates (and new content)

Last edited:
Thank you for the update. I'll down load it and run with it tomorrow. It's 3-minutes to 1:00 and I was just heading to bed. :)

Well the afternoon is in full swing here and the 19MB update took only minutes to download and install on my so sloooow ADSL+ link.

Near instant download and install - it's just my backup of the previous installation that takes a lot of time these days as my Userdata folder gets filled up with lots of lovely new routes and excitement.
Have been on a route-building frenzy of late as TRS2019's Surveyor is a real pleasure to use. Way too many post-2am shut-downs!

Only 'error' seems to be the usual recalcitrant driver, Therese, (once again)...
All my settings and performance preferences were retained.
Initial Database repair took just 28 seconds.

Looking forward to exploring this one further, especially because of the changes made to legacy material reflections and track-search fixes.

Update to Build 97513 successfully achieved in a very short time. It's good to see Skipper1945's locos in their former glory! Further testing in progress on the GCR route.

Peter.

... after some hesitating and betatesting and install-issues and playing around and routebuilding, i finally choose davenitively for the trs19-version (today 97513) ...
so i spend some time to install all my collection of locs ...
very remarkable:
- nearly 95% had no issues ...
- a few had several errors: i restored some assets with typos and the rest i deleted ...
- almost every missing was "available for download" .. i was already thinking that tki (trainzkuidindex.com) was integrated in the new version ....
- at the end i had about 5 untraceable missings ... instead of hundreds in t:anetime ...
so i'm more satisfied than ever before ...
i let you know in another thread ...

grtz
daveric

Near instant download and install - it's just my backup of the previous installation that takes a lot of time these days as my Userdata folder gets filled up with lots of lovely new routes and excitement.
Have been on a route-building frenzy of late as TRS2019's Surveyor is a real pleasure to use. Way too many post-2am shut-downs!

Only 'error' seems to be the usual recalcitrant driver, Therese, (once again)...
All my settings and performance preferences were retained.
Initial Database repair took just 28 seconds.

Looking forward to exploring this one further, especially because of the changes made to legacy material reflections and track-search fixes.

My backup takes forever as well so it was best to wait until the morning anyway, besides, we had a rare thunderstorm last night and I didn't want "things" to happen!

All installed, and database repaired and ready to go. I too have been putting in the way close to 3:00 am route building myself!

Repairing some assets has broken other ones:
<kuid2:276266:100001:7> C&O Kanawha K-4 Steam has once more the yellow spike protruding from its front lamp.
Earlier versions of TRS2019 have managed to repair this bug.

Regards
Swordfish

That 'light sabre feature' emanating from the headlamps on the Nickel Plate Road S-2 and the Chinese diesels by Ocemy is by design and has always been there.
(Wouldn't look at all out of place in some of the incredible smog seen sometimes in certain Chinese cities).

Didn't know it had been 'fixed' in a later version of T:ANE. Will check... (Hardly ever run T:ANE these days, except to beta test it, since TRS2019 is now so superior).
Edit update: My mistake - Swordfish was saying earlier versions of TRS2019. I'll check some of my early 2019 backup builds then...

Last edited:
Back