Long Pauses Continue

This is confusing. There is no Missing Dependency listed for this route in the Content Manager. It shows red on the first CM page but there is no error or missing indication in the details. I had noticed this but the route appeared to work. I did not attach the "missing warning" to the problem. Rather than obscure the problem can you tell me which dependency is missing?

Since I have run across this slow down in other routes without any "false red indicators" I submit that the reported problem has no relevance to the false missing dependence indication in the Content Manager. It is best that I simply try to replicate the slowdown in a simple route construct. I had hoped that using a working long term "standard" would be sufficient.

The missing kuid is missing in my install not yours. You need to upload that kuid as well.

Version 97513. This is where there is a large gap of understanding. MY copy of the original Kickstarter shows red with a missing Dependency indicated. However, when I look at the detail for my copy of Kickstarter there are no missing dependencies shown.

Also, I am using a simple test route (one board), mainline with 4 branches and one entry line. Nothing but slow creeping 3/2/1mph, the 0 and a stop when the engine tries to enter the mainline from the entry branch.

Finally a very simple single piece of track with three signals all well spaced. Buffers at both ends and no equipment on-track. ALL THREE signals show red. I thought that the far end should be red, followed by yellow to the near signal being green. If that is the case my load of this program is somewhat impaired.

Last edited:
This is confusing. There is no Missing Dependency listed for this route in the Content Manager. It shows red on the first CM page but there is no error or missing indication in the details. I had noticed this but the route appeared to work. I did not attach the "missing warning" to the problem. Rather than obscure the problem can you tell me which dependency is missing?

Since I have run across this slow down in other routes without any "false red indicators" I submit that the reported problem has no relevance to the false missing dependence indication in the Content Manager. It is best that I simply try to replicate the slowdown in a simple route construct. I had hoped that using a working long term "standard" would be sufficient.

This cleared up for me after running an EDR.

The missing assets are tricky. There's an ongoing versioning issue that has bee reported, but seems to have gotten lost.

Here's a classic example. The here kuid is made up so please no one take offense if I used your UID!:

An asset <kuid:122563:1002> is updated to <kuid2:122563:1002:1>. In your install everything is happy and no missing dependency shows, but if you export the route that's when the problem appears. Instead of the route now referring to the kuid2:, :1 version, it's still referring to the old version, thus, the missing dependency. It's some that's been kicking around since T:ANE, but hasn't been fixed.

My workaround is to clone the original, and create a kuid2:, :1 version, copying to my desktop and modifying the config.txt. Once modified I then import the :1 version and that gets rid of the missing dependency.

Back