How to see if sessions are completed?

jgiessen

I could not find an answer elsewhere so I ask it here: how can I see if a session is completed? For instance, TANE uses check marks with completed lessons in the 'Learn to drive' menu, but TRS2019 does not do that it seems. I am using build 96020 on Mac.

Things like the check marks in the "Learn to Drive" menu have to be added to a session by the session creator, if they can be added to a session - as a session creator I have never used them so I do not know.

Any indicators that a session has been completed must be placed there by the session creator, and not all do it. It is easy enough to do - something like a simple message window appearing on the screen with a racing car finish Line checkered flag and a simple message "Session Completed!" - is all that is needed. This is something I add to all my sessions.

Even if a session can be continued after all the required tasks have been completed, then a message can still be shown indicating this fact.

You can set tasks and count them. Count them with the Variable rules; use Check Consist and Check Trackside to define the tasks and bump the variable as each task is completed.

Precede all that with a check of Variable = # of tasks with a child rule of End Session or whatever display you want.

Hope that makes some sense.

:B~)

The simplest method is when a specified consist reaches a specified track trigger it generates an on screen message stating that the "player" has reached the destination. End of Session.

I think he is refering on the menu. In Tane and before there was something like a star reference or a "tick" to say, yes, you have completed that scenario. But in TRS2019 you do a session and then return to the menu, and there is nothing, no tick, no puntuation, no stars. It would be very nice to tick the sessions that you have done.

Back