Opening Page - Mountaineer

boleyd

Is this from the actual TS19 product (game)? If so is it possible to duplicate that scene using the tools provided by TS19 version-96191?

I have not, for example, seen any texture that provides the materials and the true rough edging of a proper railroad. All the stuff in TS19 seems to be absolutely perfect track-beds with manicured edges. If it is possible to duplicate the environment of that scene it was worth $70 for a Beta. If not, then the real worth of the product, in my mind, is in question.

Maybe off at a tangent, but worth mentioning as I think it's concrete sleeper track in the splash screen... Using the PBR concrete track types, smooth spline seems to be burying too much of the shoulder so even with a matching texture would be impossible to achieve that effect in game. This issue does not affect the wooden PBR traack types. Not sure who created this track for N3V but they need to look at the height offset for the concrete versions - if we are to emulate the marketing imagery.

In TANE I used TANE 1Trk Wood and ballasted with CL Ballast02. I set scale to 1 o'clock. It is very difficult to detect the transition between the built-in track ballast and the ground ballast. Also the quality of the applied CL ballast is almost as good as the TS19 ballast choices, partly due to the use of artificial shadowing on the individual stones. Therefore, I have reverted to the "old" TANE track and ballast thereby avoiding the straight line demarcation between the track and ground ballast issue.

I really hoped to find a ballast like the picture. However, distributing it in a fashion shown in the picture seems impossible at this stage of development.

Setting aside the ground cover and the trees, the overall lighting of TS19 seems to be improved. The appearance seems to indicate that the quality of the data (larger numerical fields) was a noticeable improvement. As I noted I will continue to operate without signals and avoid the artificial interference they cause in a vain attempt to inject a level of reality.

Is this from the actual TS19 product (game)? If so is it possible to duplicate that scene using the tools provided by TS19 version-96191?

Are you talking about the 3D scene that loads up in the background of the menus? Or are you talking about the image on the loading screens and the launcher?

The former is most definitely an in-game route. The latter is just a loading screen, built with reference to the in-game models, but definitely not a screenshot.

chris

I was talking about the large image of the Mountaineer that loads with the game itself. Starting the game from the Launcher (small picture) the large Mountaineer train appears for about several seconds, depending upon time to load the main menu, and then goes to the in-game locomotive du-jour. I normally am also running a CNN TV stream to quickly check the news and that slows the load and exposes the larger Mountaineer image longer. I can then run to the airport with my passport and emigrate to Australia should things get out of hand here.

Most of the elements in the photo do not seem to be found in TRS19. The trees and the ballast are of particular interest as having a track with built-in ballast that is like the photo and is not perfect for the next 100 miles.

Last edited:
I normally am also running a CNN TV stream to quickly check the news and that slows the load and exposes the larger Mountaineer image longer. I can then run to the airport with my passport and emigrate to Australia should things get out of hand here.

What a horrid reason to delay the launching of Trainz. I've seen a few politically-inspired comments/jabs on this forum lately. This isn't the place, how about we not do that?

What a horrid reason to delay the launching of Trainz. I've seen a few politically-inspired comments/jabs on this forum lately. This isn't the place, how about we not do that?
Yeah, this isn't the place to be either. All those deadly snakes, spiders, Red Killeroos, salties, wombats and dropbears getting about down here.... and that's just in federal parliament. The rest of the country is much more dangerous.:D
cheers
Graeme

Yeah, this isn't the place to be either. All those deadly snakes, spiders, Red Killeroos, salties, wombats and dropbears getting about down here.... and that's just in federal parliament. The rest of the country is much more dangerous.:D
cheers
Graeme

Metaphors aside, I'm quite thankful for our tiny spiders and always enjoy a good killeroo boxing video. Definitely wouldn't wanna take one on! :wave:

Back