Route Merge Request

valbridge

Rail Tragic
Currently I am building a BR Southern Region route from Brighton to Portsmouth which also takes in Gatwick airport to the north, and Eastbourne to the east. Version 1 has already been uploaded to the DLS. Whilst browsing existing routes on the DLS I noticed one which takes in Southampton to Weymouth made by trainz user named 'boffin'.

This I thought would be an ideal merge to the Southern Region route being constructed, so I sent a PM to boffin asking him if I may use his route as a logical extension, even though quite a few alterations will be required to fit in with what I am doing and giving credit for his part. That was several days ago and I have heard nothing back.

So I was wondering how long is it polite or acceptable to wait before taking action? If I get no response within say, a couple of weeks, is it improper to go ahead and merge without any consent to do so? Is it actually necessary to get consent?

Thoughts...

I mean, if its just for personal use then there shouldn't be any issue with doing what you are trying to do. Its when you want to go release it that you'll get into issues.

Back