So even if I have paid for a life time FCT I have to pay again ???

NSWGR_46Class

Just call my Captain Rude
So let me get this straight - even if I already have a lifetime first class certificate - in order to enjoy early access and other stuff you want me to pay for my first class certificate again ?? - ???

Hows this all work

So let me get this straight - even if I already have a lifetime first class certificate - in order to enjoy early access and other stuff you want me to pay for my first class certificate again ?? - ???
Your existing FCT will work just fine for downloading content for TRS2019 Early Access. No need to purchase anything again.

What 'other stuff' are your referring to?

I have no idea what it is as i can not access it there is this statement .... Check the "Product Downloads" section in the left menu to find
links to download the latest versions Trainz A New Era or TRS19. ..... but i do not have a product downloads section in the menus at left in my my trainz ???

Hows this all work

From what has been explained already, If you already have a FCT, then you will receive a discount on whichever subscription option you choose, to the value of $2(USD?) per month that your existing FCT has left on it. Therefore, no, you won't be paying for it twice.

If you check in your MyTraiz account, you should find discount codes to apply if you decide to start a subscription. I have almost 12 months left on my FCT (having only just purchased it) and I have codes for a $24 discount should I decide to go with a subscription offer (which I am still trying to decide).

Cheers,
Piere.

So the answer is yes I am if i want a Gold pass I am excited to pay again for something I have already paid for

Last edited:
Dave, you'll have a discount code for $2 per month off the cost of your sub, to make up for your lifetime fct.
Graeme

The Gold Pass membership gives you discounts on Payware DLC, enhancements ahead of general release and the "vault".

I had a couple of thoughts about the Gold membership, but decided to buy TS19, and just wait for the service packs (as released). I've bought enough Payware to keep me happy for a few years, and I already have the Lifetime FCT.

The Gold membership has a discount voucher (for my account) of $24 per month to take into account the Lifetime FCT.
For me, that would reduced the cost, but I don't use Trainz very week/month, so the starting/stopping subscription would be messy (and the discount is only available till 30 Sept).

Colin

It's under Other Questions http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

Q. Is there a discount for people with an active FCT?

A. Yes. When joining Silver Class or Gold Class, all owners of an active FCT as at August 23, 2018 receive a discount of $2 per full month remaining on their FCT. e.g. If you have an annual FCT that expires December 2, you have 3 full months remaining, so you get a $2 discount for Sept, Oct, Nov.
  • To qualify for your discount, you must apply the discount code found in MyTrainz > My Discount Codes when joining.
  • Choose either the Monthly or Annual discount code
  • Copy the copy onto your clipboard, click Redeem, then choose your membership option and paste the code into the box.
  • You must create a new membership before Sept 23, 2018 in order to use your discount code.
  • Owners of a Lifetime FCT get a lifetime discount of $2 per month (or $24 on an annual membership). <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Yep thats answer my question - I do have to pay again for FCT - a lifetime discount - is not the same as a lifetime of free access as that is what I paid for ,
Think I will purchase the thing out right, as soon as I see how it runs on my system and just trial via a month membership.

If your current PC manages TANE, it will run TS19 better.
I have an i5 cpu, gtx770 gpu, and running the kickstarter routes in TANE and TS19 gave a 20% improvement in frame rate (same route & session, not comparing ks county and ks2 county) .

I've also just turned shaders to ultra...

Colin

Yep thats answer my question - I do have to pay again for FCT - a lifetime discount - is not the same as a lifetime of free access as that is what I paid for ,

You paid for a lifetime of FCT. Gold Class includes an FCT. You get a $2 discount each month to cover the FCT component of the Gold option, leaving you paying $12.99 for all the other components.

Think of it this way;

Gold Class for Lifetime FCT people = $12.99 (and does not include a free FCT)
Gold Class for people with no FCT = $14.99 (and include a ongoing FCT)

So you aren't paying twice for anything.

Back