Thread: What forum should be used to get help with TRS 2019 - I have some questions

Default What forum should be used to get help with TRS 2019 - I have some questions

I have been using TRS 2019 for several hours now and need some help pertaining to Turffx and the effects layer.

The content samples #1 route has several turffx effect layers. What is the secret in making these Turffx layers available in other routes. I have read the help page several times but it is not clear to me how to load any assets into the layer table on a new route.

I don't think you can. The layers appear to be route specific.
    Graeme

That's a bummer. This means you have to recreate effects layers for each and every route you have. It would really be nice if you could create a master set of effect layers that could be imported into all the routes. It should work like the favorites or picklists which are available in surveyor for all routes.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Bert View Post
    That's a bummer. This means you have to recreate effects layers for each and every route you have. It would really be nice if you could create a master set of effect layers that could be imported into all the routes. It should work like the favorites or picklists which are available in surveyor for all routes.
    We asked for this during the beta!

We also asked for some preset values too that we could pull from a menu, which we could then tweak or use as an example to create our own. That too fell on deaf ears and was balked!

Maybe these will show up in some version someday.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Bert View Post
    What is the secret in making these Turffx layers available in other routes. I have read the help page several times but it is not clear to me how to load any assets into the layer table on a new route.
    This should get you started: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...36#post1697836

or direct link to the video here

I’m afraid that the current implementation of TurfFX will limit its usage with many people. It is just too much work to re-create a set of various items for each route even if you have the patience to wade through all the tutorials and figure out how to make it work. It’s a great feature but very clumsily implemented.

i am going to try something different in the next several days to see if works. Create a one baseboard route with several TurfFX layers. Then see if I can merge an existing route into this one baseboard. Will the layers on the one baseboard route now be avaialable on the rest of the merged route. If so this might be a solution to the problem, even if it is a clumsy work around. It would be like making a template that could then be bolted onto all my routes.

Any thoughts on this idea being a workable solution.

So with TRS2019 (sort of) live, why is there still no dedicated forum, somewhere above TMR in the hierarchy I would imagine?
    TRS 2019 Coach Class (Former Customer)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ohh2BWAKKgl59LutooLzYraqytBoFZcb/view?usp=sharing

Does anyone know if there's an option to keep the button for the Train Edit Panel on the right side like there was in TANE?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasFanForever1856 View Post
    Does anyone know if there's an option to keep the button for the Train Edit Panel on the right side like there was in TANE?
    Opening the map in Quick Drive makes the train tab vanish once it's closed. I didn't find the way to make it reappear.

Train tab is now in the top menubar. We will be adding hotkey support for this.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Wouldn't it be easiest if it automatically appears like it does in T:ANE?

Quote Originally Posted by n3vpolsen View Post
    This should get you started: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...36#post1697836

Thanks, perfectly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by n3vpolsen View Post

Thank you. Very informative. You answered my question before I asked.
    Cheers,
    Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Train tab is now in the top menubar. We will be adding hotkey support for this.
    I'm currently using build 100240 (no gold or silver m-ship). Since this reply (#10) - timestamp 23th August last year - has passed already a couple of days, I'd like to ask politely if there is already an estimate re. release date for the hotkey support or the like available. ... Or even a rebirth of the good old T:ANE feature? ...

_______
    Josef