Driver Command Explanation

paperpusher

paperpusher
I found two driver commands and have used the HoldJunctiononly very useful for my transit layouts,
Another command is called holdjunctionwithtrackext and I would like to know how to use it in a schedule library <kuid:131986:1089>

It has a Left-left
Right-Right
Left-backward
Right-backward
forward-backward

then one adds a junction ID to it. How is applied in a route/session.

Background: I have transit layouts, buses/streetcars etc. At turns, I use the Holdjunctiononly to instruct the switch to turn the vehicle to the direction for the route without locking the switch by the vehicle as happens with a ControlJuction command. If I have several turns/switches I use serveral Holdjunctiononly in sequence.

Note: For most of my layouts, I have to things in reverse, as tracks/trolleybus catenaries are left side driven and have to instruct commands in a reverse instruction (to go left, instruct switch to go right.

Another command is called holdjunctionwithtrackext and I would like to know how to use it in a schedule library <kuid:131986:1089>

It has a Left-left
Right-Right
Left-backward
Right-backward
forward-backward

then one adds a junction ID to it. How is applied in a route/session.

Have you looked at the instructions provided with the asset? What does it say about the usage?

If I had understood the instructions, I would not have placed this request. I also read the 'config.txt' for this item. It did not provide sufficient info to allow me to use this command.

If I had understood the instructions, I would not have placed this request. I also read the 'config.txt' for this item. It did not provide sufficient info to allow me to use this command.

Generally, you should be able to read the instructions from Content Manager. Highlight the asset / go to 'Content' top left and left click / click on 'Show asset details' and any information and instructions will be displayed. Or open the config file.

This asset allows you to pre-select the direction of a designated junction along a path (whichever way the junction is pointing).

Sometimes when you are unable to interpret the instructions, you need to set up a blank baseboard and test it out. Find out how well it works. If the asset is what you want, keep it. If it doesn't serve any purpose, ditch it.

Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
If you have already found the instructions but are having trouble following them, then you need to describe exactly what you are trying to do, exactly what you have done, the result you expected to see, and the result you actually got. Usually, the problem can be identified from an incorrect or missing step in the details of what you did to set up the junction.

As indicated in the first part of this subject, I use HoldJunctiononly on the transit layouts, which will permit me to have the first non connected vehicle (change the switch junction, without locking it) in line turn in one direction and the next one in another from the same track. I found the other driver command holdjunctionwithtrackext at the same time and wondered if it used on the same type of layout. I am an 'amateur' when it come to railroad functions and some terms. Learning RR functions and terms is a life long experience, I have only be on Trainz for about 12 years and learning about terminology for RR and Transit has been a slow process. (The Trainz forum, over the years, has given me clues, suggestions and help me develop interesting layouts for my enjoyment.)

I have done exactly that, set up a sophisticated main & branch line junction, 5 bases, stations and a SIMPLE junction. I cannot get the path command to work in 2019! The documantation is woeful! I will place this test track on the download station as P&S Demo (Short for Path and Schedule demo) (P&S Lib for the libraries). Any help as to what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

Back