Driver Setup list issue

Yorkshire

So I decided on one of my layouts to re-order the driver list. Went to Driver Setup and removed each driver so that I could set them up again in the order I wanted.the locos. However, when I add a driver then go to the list of vehicles to attach to the driver, I now have not only the list of locos on my layout, but interspersed with them appears to be every driver that has been spurned from a portal as part of a session. Have no idea what the purpose of this 'facility' is but it is time consuming to have to sift through them all just to find and select the locos that are actually on the layout. I wonder why this change was made? The information is no use whatsoever. Is there a way round this so that the vehicle list only shows the actual vehicles on the route?

Thanks for the reply and info. I had never realised that before. Strange thing is, I never save in Driver Mode! However (using 22PE) have noticed recently that when I come out of driver mode into surveyor, the programme instantly closes. I have to restart the programme and then I get the choice to revert or use changes. Usually I revert because I want my original session intact. Not sure whether the installation is having issues or not, same happens with 22 plus.

Thanks for the reply and info. I had never realised that before. Strange thing is, I never save in Driver Mode! However (using 22PE) have noticed recently that when I come out of driver mode into surveyor, the programme instantly closes. I have to restart the programme and then I get the choice to revert or use changes. Usually I revert because I want my original session intact. Not sure whether the installation is having issues or not, same happens with 22 plus.
Something went wrong because I'm in and out of Surveyor and Driver all day when I'm working on my very large route as I'm checking, fixing and viewing. You need to run a database repair. You are smart reverting because if there's a crash like that, there's a big chance that the issue can corrupt the data.

For the drivers in Driver setup, uncheck:

Remove all existing Drivers first
Generate new Drivers for empty trains

Optionally uncheck Wait for Schedule Completion. (I've never used this and I have it unchecked.)

With this setup, you'll be able to add drivers to your consists as you please rather than having a polluted list with drivers in every consist located throughout the route.

Many thanks for the advice - will apply this tomorrow! I might do a reinstall of the program in case there is something amiss somewhere. I have actually tried a database repair (using CTRL) but the issue still persists. To be specific, I go to System Menu, Click Exit Driver, I then get the dialogue box to save or not save, I select NOT save and the programme instantly closes. Something is plainly malfunctioning here.

Yorkshire

For the drivers in Driver setup, uncheck:

Remove all existing Drivers first
Generate new Drivers for empty trains

Optionally uncheck Wait for Schedule Completion. (I've never used this and I have it unchecked.)

With this setup, you'll be able to add drivers to your consists as you please rather than having a polluted list with drivers in every consist located throughout the route.
This only applies when you start from surveyor. It
Many thanks for the advice - will apply this tomorrow! I might do a reinstall of the program in case there is something amiss somewhere. I have actually tried a database repair (using CTRL) but the issue still persists. To be specific, I go to System Menu, Click Exit Driver, I then get the dialogue box to save or not save, I select NOT save and the programme instantly closes. Something is plainly malfunctioning here.

Yorkshire
The system menu says
exit driver or exit session = closes the driver mode and returns to session selection.
exit game = closes all and returns to desktop.

The tools menu says each side of driver mode
edit in surveyor classic or edit in surveyor S2.0
both return you to the edit surveyor. Keep all working trains in the session layer. Any changes made to the route may be saved by selecting to save route only.

Last edited:
The system menu says
exit driver or exit session = closes the driver mode and returns to session selection.
exit game = closes all and returns to desktop.
I can't actually see the phrase 'exit session' anywhere but have noticed that if I return from Driver mode to surveyor mode then exit surveyor, it doesn't close down. I'll change my procedure!

Thanks for the info

Yorkshire

Back