Error with BR 44 German Engine

Heinrich505

I downloaded the German BR44 steam engine from the DLC. It is a very nice engine, but for some odd reason, with each version, there is a flying driver wheel that hovers over the engine when viewed from the exterior.

Does anyone else run this engine and have the same error? Is there a fix? I've looked at the files but don't see what is causing this.

I tried to contact the author, cebenpeter, but his email address is no longer valid. I sent out a post on the forum a while back to see if anyone might know how to contact him but there were no replies.

There is a more recent version that can be downloaded, but the newer version wipes out all the control wheels and levers in the cab interior so you have to drive using the sliders, and it doesn't fix the flying driver wheel hovering over the engine.

I know it is an old engine and I'm running TANE SP2, but it still runs and can be driven. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Heinrich505

VWdrBOcC
VWdrBOcC_o.jpg

Sorry I can't help with your problem, but, have you looked at the German locos by author bigtrain1 ?
He has many locos and tenders, the names on the DLS start with 'WS'
e.g. <kuid:351022:44011> WS Br.44 XXX (Witte)

the xxx means you can number the loco yourself

Hope this helps you :)

Graham,
This is perfect. Thanks so much for the heads-up. I had no idea that all that content by Bigtrain1 was in the DLC. I spent the better part of this afternoon checking out and downloading most of his engines.

The big plus is that I now have the WS Br. 44 No. 852-3 <kuid:351022:44005> and this engine does not have that goofy driver wheel floating over the engine in exterior view.
The downside is that most of Bigtrain1's engines don't have interactive interiors - you drive with the green sliders as the wheels and levers don't work in cab mode. There are two that do have the interactive interiors though. But, having said that, the engines look fantastic and the wail of the train horns really captures the feeling of the times. They are great engines.

I visited his site and asked him about the interiors. He has a lot of really great downloads in the DLC. I will have to get back in there and snap up some rolling stock.

Thanks again for your information. It helped a lot and is very appreciated. :D

Gary (Heinrich505)

Back