A couple questions on Portals

brucem56

Hi - I've only recently (past 2 weeks) started playing with Portals. I have watched the NV3 video and a few others as well as read some literature I've found on the forums and elsewhere. They seem pretty straight forward and I've had no real problems to speak of setting them up and using them on their own and with CPC. I've also been able to get triggers working. I'm about to set up and trial some unportal's next and have a couple of questions.

1. Quick Portal Manager - does this replace CPC or work hand in hand with it? Do you use them both to control your various Portals?

2. If I want trains to only be spawned when a trigger is activated, what do I set "Time between Trains" to? Or does "Wait for triggered event" override the "Time Setting"?

Thanks for any/all help, much appreciated.

Cheers
Bruce

Hi.

Quick Portal Manager is not a replacement for CPC. It has its own utility when you need to have some portal emition following a defined timetable. With QPM you can configure for any portal a timetable of train emition with many emition parameters (driver, schedule, recurence frequency, ... ) and the portal will emit the target timetable train at the defined timetable emition time.
If you don't need your portals to follow a timetable, QPM is no use for your route and session.

Regards.
Pierre.

Back