Soviet Routes?

Ekaton

I've noticed that soviet locos are available on Steam for T:ANE. Are there any Soviet routes available so I can use those?

As 90% of the Soviet Union was Russia, you can safely say: Yes, many routes are available. One was built-in in TS12 (and I think made available as payware for TANE; not 100% sure).

Working perfectly in T:ANE Build 90945: Crimea 2013, Zhukovka (narrow gauge), Moscow-Suhinichi 2013, St. Petersburg - Volkhovstroy - Tikhvin (freeware), Balezino - Mosti, Russia and Andrushivka - Vinnitsa UZ (payware).

It would be cool if there was something based around Cherynyobal and Pripyat and the like. From what i've seen theres quite a bit of trackage around there.

It would be cool if there was something based around Cherynyobal and Pripyat and the like. From what i've seen theres quite a bit of trackage around there.

Play STALKER. Lots of railway and rolling stock, but watch out for the bandits, soldiers, assorted mutations...

Yeah, Stalker seems cool, its on my list. My first experience with Chernyobal in a game is COD 4. Then the remaster came out and I jumped on it. "All Ghilied Up" looked fantastic.

Two other routes that work in T:ANE (with some work): Moscow-Koposovo and Dyagilevo-Karachaevo,

How rather odd.

Although the practical same railway lines can I remind that the "Soviet" Union is long gone and what is there now a completely different place. Weird.

I put a pseudo Russian route on the DLS a while back - search either under my user name ( vern ) or for Kovdor.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?138185-Kovdor-Route-For-TANE&highlight=kovdor

Just to note though, as per previous discussion many of the Russian motive power is not fully enabled for player use having been scripted for AI trains - notable case being the M62 "Taiga Drum" which does not have operational train brakes or consume fuel.

Back