Insert a simple track switch

rbunker65

Using Kickstart as the template... I can't insert a switched junction. I can't edit at advanced level either to insert or move spline points... what do I have to do to make this happen?

I just need ONE switched piece of track going the opposite direction to make my "master plan" work...

Ugh!!!

Have you tried saving the route/session as your own with a different name and editing it from there. Peter

At Westside station I wanted a northbound train to be able to cross over to the southbound track and stop at the station. There are two splines already in position so I created a new session layer named Extra Track and added some track between the splines to the new layer.

It is not possible to straighten the existing track which has a slight waisting but it doesn't took too bad for my purposes. The levers go on the new layer as well as any extra signals needed.

Save the edited session.

Trevor

No but I will try that. When I tried that on the iPad version of the game, I could never get back to "edit session". Maybe it is different on the PC version.

As to adding a switch between existing splines, that works, but for some damn reason the train derails at the new switch, every time. How do I fix that?

And, when I try to ADD a spline so that switching in a new spot is possible, the game says it can't be done as it is part of paid downloadable content or something... will saving my own session eliminate that?

I know, I can try that and find out, but I am not at a point right now where I will have access to the game for a bit, and I want to get the best responses on this from you guys that are experienced as this (editing track to make routes work without failures) my biggest concern/hope. I bought a kinda extensive/expensive PC setup just to play this and other simulator games. I want TANE to work out....

TIA

I don't know by what means in the config file, what tags lock a route, or locks an asset ... And I am unsure if there is ANY possible way to unlock, a locked route, or locked asset

Yes I have tried that. I can only insert track switches between existing splines. I cannot seem to either delete a section of track and insert new track with multiple splines, or split a piece of track and insert splines- without the following message:
"This change will require a route re-save/clone, but the underlying route is payware DLC and content cannot be edited."

What the hell???? Seriously??? This is on a saved version that was renamed. Why the heck can't I change something as dumb as inserting a spline point on track that already exists???

What am I missing???

Back