Mysterious Trees! Vanishing, propagating and floating!

euromodeller

Imagineer
I was moving trees around on a new route I was making, (TANE SP2, HF1) when moving or viewing them, strange things were happening, I have made a video, not a very good one, but I think you can see the strange happenings.
I tried this on 2 different machines one AMD GPU and one Nvidea GPU, same happenings, so it must be game related ?

Just that tree or different trees? Not exactly the same but there is one speedtree I forget which that vanishes but actually reappears at about 200m up in the air well away from the original one, I just deleted it from content manager, think there was something wrong with the lod meshes, probably a stray vertex somewhere a few hundred metres away from the origin in one of the lod meshes.

Hi Malc,

There were 2 different trees, one by RMM and one by Pofig.

I will try some different trees on the route and see what happens.

Graham

Malc, I tried with three of your trees and 2 bushes, no problems

I then added an Auran tree..

<kuid2:523:1345:2> Tree BigLeafMaple 02

I got the same problems.

This doesn't happen in my pre HF1 routes, this is my only route started anew after HF1 was launched.
I also have the AI trains ignoring trackmarks and stations.
Also hedge splines going invisible when approaching them, all CL hedges too!

Looks like I need to wait for N3V devs to issue a HF2 and try again then.:D

Graham.

edited to add,
I now have a floating Maple tree that I can't get rid of, you can see the copy/paste dotted lines, but no good.

Levitating-Maple-tree.jpg

Now where's that Scotch I got for Christmas.....

Last edited:
Since the TANE SP2 HF1 I get this effect with adjacent baseboards, SEE HERE, but it goes away if you exit Surveyor and then go back in.

It may not be the same problem, but seems similar. Does you tree problem go away after you exit and re-enter?

Yes, that's it!

I was just coming back on here to say that I shut the game off after I last posted, did a DB rebuild, opened the route and the floating tree had gone but the original tree which I deleted had returned about half a baseboard down!.

I can still get the problem if I move trees, so it's not gone away permanently. I just won't move tress until there's a solution forthcoming!

I am enjoying my Talisker Scotch at the moment, I have learned not to do too much online whilst imbibing :)

Slanja Va!

So now I am seeing the Rulers doing this also... The rulers are actually on top of the diagonal double track in the center of the route section (see below), but show up in multiple areas of the route. The ghosts do not have show any data such as length and degrees. When I zoomed into where the real ruler was, the ruler was invisible. I then selected the ruler tool and added a new ruler, and the original rule came back into view. I then deleted the original rulers and the 2 ghost rulers disappeared. Very weird behaviour.

Ghost Assets 03.jpg

Ghost Assets 04.jpg

Ghost Assets 05jpg

Ghost Assets 06.jpg

Back