Minimum Spec for T:ANE SP2

alexl102

Learning... slowly!
According to the Trainz website, T:ANE needs a minimum of a 2GHz, 64-bit processor, 4GB RAM, a 1GB vRAM graphics card and 30Gb free space. Is this still sufficient with all the new features being included in SP2, and is it likely to be sufficient for future releases at least of T:ANE, if not what comes after? I am looking at a new machine but I don’t have a huge budget and don’t want to invest, only to find that the next update requires an even more powerful computer.

Also, if I had the 1Gb graphics card but 8GB RAM rather than 4GB, would I see much of an improvement in performance compared to 4GB or would the improvement only show with a more powerful graphics driver as well?

Cheers!

You can build a layout that will run on an intel integrated graphics series 400 CPU. Middleton for laptops. You get diminishing returns on hardware. So it will run in 4 gigs but runs a little smoother in 8 gigs but not twice as fast.

Think in terms of the GPU first, I'd go min of a GTX 1050 then the rest is more the cheapest way to get an i5 and a legal copy of windows.

Beyond that a GTX 1060 is a would be nice but may require a new power supply.

The CPU side of things is not as relevant as the GPU so if your current machine will take a GTX1060 stuff that in and you should be fairly future safe and its cheaper than buying a completely new machine. Check the size of the card and power supply first.

Cheerio John

Back