Session Rules List

coop2

I find it very hard to read the Session Rules Parameters on my computer. I'm in the process of making a list of the Session Rules with their parameters. When I finish, is there a way that I could upload this to DLS so that other members could make use of it and what would be the best format? Also is it legal to publish this list on DLS?

Why not post it here in the forum? That way others could add to your list.

Placing a document on the DLS is problematic. The file formats are restricted to those that can be used as part of an asset otherwise it will be rejected. TXT and HTML file formats would work.

If you have your own web site then posting it there and providing a link in these forums would work. A number of Trainz members use this technique.

I did once post a PDF document inside an uploaded asset but I had to change the filename extension from .PDF to .TXT to get it accepted. Then, in the asset description, I had to give the instructions for those who downloaded it to firstly use CM to open the asset and extract the .TXT file to a storage device then change the filename extension back to .PDF. I suppose this could work with Word format files as well but it is a lot of "fiddling around". For that reason, posting it here in the forums would be a better idea.

Hi.

May I suggest to add some new pages to the wiki in the help category. If you add to the wiki a global page help:rules in the help category, where you list all the rules and link each rule name to its own page giving its description and purpose, and with uploaded images on how to enter the parameters and the meaning of each parameter, surely it can help a lot for newcomers to a rule.

The main interest of having this help in the wiki format will be that several people can help adding new rules to the list.

Only a suggestion.

Regards.
Pierre.

Last edited:
Thanks Pierre,

I think I will add them to the wiki help page under 'Session Rule List'. I can set it up with a few rules and then add to them as I have time. I have posted a link in the 'How to Guides' to the page list of Session Rules. I have just a few to see how it works. I'll keep added to the list as I have time. This will make it easier for me and others to just copy and paste the rules as needed and in a printout form for reference and record in programming Trainz Sessions. If anyone knows that this has already been done, please reply to this post.

Last edited:
Back