Clear track command

Chadd04

Knuckle Shuffling
Does anyone know if there is a type of command or rule that will make the AI clear the track when ordered to drive to a trackmark? I issue I have is lets say I have a train drop off cars at a siding. The trackmark is near the clearance point and the train stops when the first car hits it leaving the rest of the cars fouling teh turnout. Is there a way to make the train continue to back in until the engine either hits it or clears it completely?

The only method that I know of that works with AI is to measure the length of the consist (plus locos) and place another trackmark at that distance (plus clearance) further down the siding. Use this new trackmark as your "Drive to" point.

This, of course, will only work if the length of the consist does not increase.

Yes, and if you're setting up a session, put the second trackmark on the session rather than on the route. Then it can be tailored to the the length of that consist.

:B~)

Yea I was just hoping there was a way to have a train pass the clearance point no matter the length. Ah well.

Look for a command called DrivePastJunction (there is also AutoDrivePastJunction) by author atilabarut. I think one of those should help.

John

Look for a command called DrivePastJunction (there is also AutoDrivePastJunction) by author atilabarut. I think one of those should help.

John
Thanks to you I actually found a command, by the same author, that deals with the Trackmarks themselves. Thanks for your help.

Back