Issue logging in across all Trainz sites and T:ANE

Tonester666

Hi

I recently purchased T:ANE through Steam. When I use the username & password from Mytrainz and add to the settings in T:ANE, it says authorization error. I tried the FTP password and the same happens. I then changed my email to a current one, this made me change my password, which I then tried to add into T:ANE, but again, same error. I then tried to create a support ticket which takes me to trainzportal.com but when I try my username and password there, it says invalid, so I cannot create a ticket to solve my problem as a new login error is happening. If I had hair, I would have pulled it out by now.

Can anyone shed any light on what I may be doing wrong?

Thank you.

Ensure you are using the same username and password you are using here in the forums. Your My Trainz, aka former Planet Auran, account is one in the same and uses the same credentials.

Ensure you are using the same username and password you are using here in the forums. Your My Trainz, aka former Planet Auran, account is one in the same and uses the same credentials.

I only use one username/password for Trainz and this is written in a notepad file. Have copy/pasted and typed individually but still not happening. Also having an issue using these details in my T:ANE prog to register the product.

Is the product registered as adding you details will only work if it is.

I have tried adding my username/password into T:ANE settings but this keeps saying unauthorized so can't register it. Is there another way? Can't do much with T:ANE at the moment as I wish to use DLS but can't.

I have tried adding my username/password into T:ANE settings but this keeps saying unauthorized so can't register it. Is there another way? Can't do much with T:ANE at the moment as I wish to use DLS but can't.

Again ensure you are using the same username in T:ANE as you are in your My Trainz account. (As a former IT support guy, I have found that people have said, and I've done it myself, their password and username are correct, but found they had actually transposed a letter or number. The results are the user, myself included, reads the username and password correctly, but the computer of course reads it the way it was typed.)

If that is not the issue, and has been confirmed again, then this could be related to your Windows firewall / antivirus/malware program preventing T:ANE from talking to the servers. The remedy for this is to ensure that T:ANE has access through the firewall in your settings, and you have disabled your antivirus from scanning anything related to Trainz and T:ANE.

The other remedy is to contact the helpdesk for assistance. There were some technical difficulties earlier in the week which may have been an issue for you if you attempted to do that during that time.

I only have one user/pass combo. This is kept in a notepad file. I have typed everything individually & carefully but nothing. Checked firewall and AV. Firewall allows T:ANE. AV is set to trust the exe file.

The user/pass works here and in MyTrainz. I can't ask helpdesk as when I add the same u/p on the site (one has "kayako" in top left?), it says "Invalid username or password.

I feel like I'm in a catch 22 situation lol.

Try disabling your firewall just while you run T:ANE.
There may be more files that T:ANE needs to have connect to the system.
The same goes for the AV.

Once you determine if this is the case, you can find out which other files need access, and give them permission in your AV and Firewall.

Smiley.

Just tried your advice but still no joy. I tried the Live Chat but they just told me to email the support team so have done that. Fingers crossed as this is bugging the hell out of me. Can't but a FCT for the DLS until this is solved.

Thanks for the help though.

Just in case anyone has the same issue, the answer has been found. Support emailed me back asking to check my password for special characters (£, $, !, # etc) and to change them. Did that and password now accepted across all formats.

Just in case anyone has the same issue, the answer has been found. Support emailed me back asking to check my password for special characters (£, $, !, # etc) and to change them. Did that and password now accepted across all formats.

Thanks for the update. That's good to know.

They should allow the lower-order ASCII characters for passwords such as % #, etc., because that would allow for more secure passwords.

Back