Working on the Map in Driver & in Quick Drive...

amzolt

A Flying-Half-Scotsman
I hope I said it right in the title of this post...

I'm needing an answer about operations carried out while I'm in Driver mode---regular train driving---and I go to the Map...

Is is possible to move around the Map? I'm wanting to change all the switches for a run without having to slow the train before every one...

Then, the Map in Quick Drive...

Some of them dump you way off, not near any tracks...

How can I move to a particular part of the Map to place my new trains?

BTW, I'm on a MacBook Pro --2015...

Thanks, ahead of time :cool:

In Map view, wherever you Right Mouse Click will become your new location. For large routes, zoom the map out and click on an approximate location; then zoom in for final adjustments. For zooming, the mouse wheel will usually work. If you find that it doesn't, there are Zoom +/- targets on the map display.

As you get more into TANE, you will discover rules and driver commands which allow you to set up paths through multiple junctions, either at the session start or activated by a trigger. However, for now have some fun getting used to the map and playing with junctions manually.

Hope this helps.
John

In Map view, wherever you Right Mouse Click will become your new location. For large routes, zoom the map out and click on an approximate location; then zoom in for final adjustments. For zooming, the mouse wheel will usually work. If you find that it doesn't, there are Zoom +/- targets on the map display.

As you get more into TANE, you will discover rules and driver commands which allow you to set up paths through multiple junctions, either at the session start or activated by a trigger. However, for now have some fun getting used to the map and playing with junctions manually.

Hope this helps.
John

Excellent! :D

I can now position the map...

Are the instructions for large groups of switch settings in the T:ANE manual??

When you want to return to your original location, either press 1 which puts you back into your locomotive again, or press 2 to remain in chase view.

When you then press M to exit from the map view, you'll be back where you started and ready to do whatever you want.

And one more thing....

Pressing 2 while in the map view, will also give you the list of other drivers should you need to investigate what they are up to.

I do this all the time... :D

When you want to return to your original location, either press 1 which puts you back into your locomotive again, or press 2 to remain in chase view.

When you then press M to exit from the map view, you'll be back where you started and ready to do whatever you want.

And one more thing....

Pressing 2 while in the map view, will also give you the list of other drivers should you need to investigate what they are up to.

I do this all the time... :D

Cool, thanks! :cool:

When in Map mode, there is a green dot in the top left corner.
If you click this it will open a list of items you can turn on or off by clicking the small box with the X or tick in it.
Cheers,
Mike

When in Map mode, there is a green dot in the top left corner.
If you click this it will open a list of items you can turn on or off by clicking the small box with the X or tick in it.
Cheers,
Mike

Thanks, Mike :)

Excellent! :D

I can now position the map...

Are the instructions for large groups of switch settings in the T:ANE manual??

Google 'Trainz wiki.' From the main page (left hand panel) you can search for various topics. Here is a link to information regarding Interlocking Towers, which is an example of a way to set up paths through multiple junctions (although there are other methods available also).

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php?title=Special:Search&search=Interlocking+tower&go=Go

If you are happy using interlocking towers, then I can thoroughly recommend the Enhanced Interlocking Tower suite, by pguy (information available from the same wiki link above), which adds a lot of enhanced functionality.

John

Google 'Trainz wiki.' From the main page (left hand panel) you can search for various topics. Here is a link to information regarding Interlocking Towers, which is an example of a way to set up paths through multiple junctions (although there are other methods available also).

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php?title=Special:Search&search=Interlocking+tower&go=Go

If you are happy using interlocking towers, then I can thoroughly recommend the Enhanced Interlocking Tower suite, by pguy (information available from the same wiki link above), which adds a lot of enhanced functionality.

John

Thanks for the link & wondering if "Enhanced Interlocking Tower suite" is some kind of additional software?

The EIT suite comprises scripted assets and rules which are available free from the download station. The wiki explains how to use them. If you download the assets from the Tane Content Manager, they will be installed automatically and available for use.

There are several driver commands and session rules available, which allow you to set up some quite sophisticated AI and/or driver sessions. Many are already built into Tane, while others are available on the dls. The Tane user manual explains the basics of creating sessions. You might also want to check out the N3V Youtube channel where there are one or two tutorial videos.

John

The EIT suite comprises scripted assets and rules which are available free from the download station. The wiki explains how to use them. If you download the assets from the Tane Content Manager, they will be installed automatically and available for use.

There are several driver commands and session rules available, which allow you to set up some quite sophisticated AI and/or driver sessions. Many are already built into Tane, while others are available on the dls. The Tane user manual explains the basics of creating sessions. You might also want to check out the N3V Youtube channel where there are one or two tutorial videos.

John

Thanks, JOhn :D

Back