Is there a way to set the handbrake on freight cars for Setting up Sessions?

crisger

RR Mod Maker
I am creating sessions for a route and would like to park freight cars on sidings but they roll away.

is there a way to set the hand brake that will presist in a saved Session? thanks for any tips..

Chris

OK thank you very much. So if i place cars on a siding i should make them up with an engine and tender, and park them and set "A" and then remove engine and other cars.

thanks very much

Chris

OK thank you very much. So if i place cars on a siding i should make them up with an engine and tender, and park them and set "A" and then remove engine and other cars.

thanks very much

Chris

You should be able to just place the cars without needing an engine and tender, unless you want to, because the brakes are set automatically.

hi

i had thought so but they were rolling away once i placed them ...so was not sure. maybe i had not been somehow correct in how i was placing them. thanks for the posts.

chris

One of the earlier builds of TANE used to do that - cars would roll away on a gradient. What build are you using?

I've been lucky so far and haven't seen that yet in T:ANE, but as said here I've had that occur in earlier versions. Hehe.. I had a freight consist roll away down the main off the top of a spur.

How steep is the grade?

Some freight cars have a setting in them to allow you to set the brakes. Click on the ? button and check the properties.

Unfortunately, this may only be available with specific assets by Jointed Rail which I'm sure wouldn't be found on a route set in the late 19th or early 20th centuries.

Back