Spring-Cleaning and surprise

tuuliaki

Hi folks, I'm doing a spring-cleaning in all my PCs. As a part of it, I removed Trainz products from my best gaming PC. Used Revo Uninstaller, because I've heard Trainz programs may leave quite a lot of files after a normal uninstall. After completely uninstalling TANE and TMR17 from drive D, I checked the C drive with WizTree. And got surprised. There was still over 50 Gb TANE and TMR17 stuff in N3V folder. Over 50 Gb for ***** sake :( OK got them removed manually, but this left me thinking something not so politically correct. After settling down a bit I remembered the Trainz knowlege of this forum.

Please can somebody explain why there are such a huge storage of Trainz stuff on the system drive?? My simulator installations were on drive D.

That's normally because by default T:ANE and TMR17 user information is stored in a subfolder of C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\N3V Games\TANE unless it's been otherwise specified (although a small amount of information has to stay in the mentioned folder so Trainz can find the user information).

Shane

My Local file in TRS2006 is 476GB, and Trainz takes up 2/3 of my HD

You should have a PC dedicated to Trainz, and all your documents, downloads, pictures, videos ... etc ... on external HD's

Last edited:
This is normal. As Shane said the user data is not removed unless specified in the uninstaller and for a very good reason.

To get around the content in the C: drive default location, place your content on another drive or in another location outside of the C:\User\profile\App Data\ path. I, for example, have my T:ANE data on my F: drive in F:\TANE_DATA. There are no other data folders on my C: drive. I also have about 750GB of data including built-ins and third-party content.

50GB !!!! ??? on C: ???

my appdata/local on C: for T:ANE is 208.678.731 BYTES. About 200 MB.

Trainz is running only on drive G: and is over 100GB

☼...☼

Back