Red Bug Appears on Clone

Roy3b3

I have a clean route and session free of any faults or 'Red Bugs'.

And then I 'cloned' it, renamed it and added several triggers for additional specific commands that I had planned. After saving my 5 hours of work and opening Drive Session, I immediately noticed the Red Bug in the bottom corner. I closed the program and reopened firstly the route and the bug was there. Secondly on opening the session, the same story.

I immediately addressed every trigger and command I had added to the cloned route, but could not see anything obviously wrong.

Here is the text of the Red Bug error message ....

Unknown File industryproductinfocollection.gs. Line-1,ER_NativeCallError

More
function $ProductQueue[]@MapObject::GetQueues(), line -1
function $void@IndustryProductInfoCollection::InitFromAsset(), line 958
function $void@IndustryProductInfoCollection::Init(BaseIndustry), line 89
function $void@IndustryProductInfoCollection::Init(Vehicle), line 116
function $void@Vehicle::Init(), line 163
function $void@SSLoco::Init(), line 212
function $void@LStub::Init(), line 6
function $void@MeshObject::Init(Asset), line 343

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

If it was just a small amount of time and effort, I would just delete the clone and start all over again. But if it is a simple matter to fix, then I'd rather go with that.

Cheers
Roy

Unknown File industryproductinfocollection.gs. Line-1,ER_NativeCallError

That file should be in your scripts folder. Eg, C:\N3V\TANE\resources\scripts or G:\Program Files\N3V Games\TS12\scripts or whatever installed version you have. Check that it exists, and that the folder is accessible.

That file should be in your scripts folder. Eg, C:\N3V\TANE\resources\scripts or G:\Program Files\N3V Games\TS12\scripts or whatever installed version you have. Check that it exists, and that the folder is accessible.

Thanks for the tip mate. I really appreciate your feedback.

In the meantime, I have actually discovered what caused the Red Bug on my route.

I found this by setting-up a small test-track and added the same triggers and sound files which I'd used on my route. All was fine until the loco crossed one of 15 triggers and it didn't activate the announcement.

On checking the original wav file, I noticed a spelling error in the name. After correction and re-saving, then the Red Bug disappeared.

Evidently, when using wav files, it's important to always use lower case with no spaces in the named file. I'll remember in future.

Cheers,
Roy

That's an excellent discovery, Roy! I've had the same error after merging in an old route I had into another. I thought it might have something to do with the stations or an industry on the old portion of the route, but I've yet to find them. Now I know what to look for, maybe. :)

industryproductinfocollection.gs

I'd like to know how this has something to do with sounds though.

That's an excellent discovery, Roy! I've had the same error after merging in an old route I had into another. I thought it might have something to do with the stations or an industry on the old portion of the route, but I've yet to find them. Now I know what to look for, maybe. :)

industryproductinfocollection.gs

I'd like to know how this has something to do with sounds though.

Yeah, me too John.

It was a fluke that I noticed it in the first place. I didn't consider to check the Wiki when it happened; and anyway, I also didn't think it was connected to wav. files or a mis-spelling. The word 'industry' put me off the track completely with me thinking that I may have added an industry of some kind, but I hadn't.

Over the years, if I'm ever unsure of a procedure I'll set up a baseboard just to test it out. Once I'm sure that it works, I'll build that into whatever route I'm working on.

It's good to learn something new every day.

How are your eyes holding up now? Better I hope.
Cheers mate.
Roy

Yeah, me too John.

It was a fluke that I noticed it in the first place. I didn't consider to check the Wiki when it happened; and anyway, I also didn't think it was connected to wav. files or a mis-spelling. The word 'industry' put me off the track completely with me thinking that I may have added an industry of some kind, but I hadn't.

Over the years, if I'm ever unsure of a procedure I'll set up a baseboard just to test it out. Once I'm sure that it works, I'll build that into whatever route I'm working on.

It's good to learn something new every day.

How are your eyes holding up now? Better I hope.
Cheers mate.
Roy

The eyes are doing much better, thank you for asking. Healing a bit slower than I want, but so far so good no surgery needed. Instead I put in expensive eye drops. Those over the counter Refresh (tm) drops are $30 for 15 little .04 ml ampules! But... I'd rather do that than face surgery. Bright lights and reflections drive me nutty, and with the snow still on the ground here it's only worse as it actually blinds me even in the house.

The industry thing has put me off on the wrong trail as well, and I think that's actually a red herring we were chasing. Programs are like that. There can be an error, but that error is not related to the actual cause of the problem. I'm glad I was never a programmer, outside of some early stuff and mostly in college classes, because I have no patience for stuff like this. :)

The eyes are doing much better, thank you for asking. Healing a bit slower than I want, but so far so good no surgery needed. Instead I put in expensive eye drops. Those over the counter Refresh (tm) drops are $30 for 15 little .04 ml ampules! But... I'd rather do that than face surgery. Bright lights and reflections drive me nutty, and with the snow still on the ground here it's only worse as it actually blinds me even in the house.

The industry thing has put me off on the wrong trail as well, and I think that's actually a red herring we were chasing. Programs are like that. There can be an error, but that error is not related to the actual cause of the problem. I'm glad I was never a programmer, outside of some early stuff and mostly in college classes, because I have no patience for stuff like this. :)

Just another thought about eyesight John. Over the years, I've developed macular degeneration which has affected one of my eyes. At my age I thought something like that might come along.

However, I've found that most of it is caused by pressure building up inside the eye which causes the cells to break down and creating scar tissue. This can cause dryness in the eye and eventually blindness. I've been prescribed 'Duotrav' by Alcon. One drop in each eye every morning reduces the pressure immediately. If my eyes dry out later in the day I'll use Systane also by Alcon, one drop in each eye. So far, I haven't noticed any further deterioration as yet. Fingers crossed.

By the way, pressure in the eye can be checked by any optician. They know what is normal.

Take care mate,
Roy

Last edited:
Just another thought about eyesight John. Over the years, I've developed macular degeneration which has affected one of my eyes. At my age I thought something like that might come along.

However, I've found that most of it is caused by pressure building up inside the eye which causes the cells to break down and creating scar tissue. This can cause dryness in the eye and eventually blindness. I've been prescribed 'Duotrav' by Alcon. One drop in each eye every morning reduces the pressure immediately. If my eyes dry out later in the day I'll use Systane also by Alcon, one drop in each eye. So far, I haven't noticed any further deterioration as yet. Fingers crossed.

By the way, pressure in the eye can be checked by any optician. They know what is normal.

Take care mate,
Roy

Thank you Roy, for your thoughts.

Sorry to hear about the Macular Degeneration. A family friend has that as well. She has the dry kind so no laser treatments are available. At 96 though she's resigned to the fact that there's not much that can be done. It is great news though that you can control the condition with those drops. I'll keep my fingers crossed too.

Anyway, I get my eyes checked regularly for Glaucoma since that is a problem on my mum's side. Her grandfather, uncle, mother, and her cousin have it. Mum doesn't have it and neither do I. My last pressure check was 17, which is within the normal range.

Back