Changes in Water Colour in TANE

crisger

RR Mod Maker
Was not sure if this was good place for this question.. hope it is.

i need to change the water colour from the default turquoise to brown for a mining route i am working on but was not sure if changes in the Environment settings at the main screen affect ALL routes or just one? how do we change a specific route details? thanks for help on this if poss.

chris

Hi Chris,

This will only affect that route that you want to change.

To change specific route details pick Edit Route... from the File menu.

I'll go a little further: A brown water at the mine would make the ocean or other rivers also brown. My suggestion is to use clear water and paint the bottom of the color you think looks better. This way you can have different waters within the same route. If you paint in a session, when you save it will affect the route, and conversely painting the route would naturally affect the session. Not very clear on the logic of this, but try and see what happens.

If you paint in a session, when you save it will affect the route, and conversely painting the route would naturally affect the session.

Textures are always in the Route. If you paint any ground surface anywhere, regardless of whether you are editing a route or a session, the change will go into the route and will appear in all sessions based on that route.

thanks for the posts, actually since the route is completely landlocked ie has no access to ocean or lakes or large bodies of water, i think i can safely change or edit the water colour so i will try using the Edit Route method. I am still unsure really exactly what will look best as water is a tricky thing in the sim esp fast running streams that are not wide placid rivers or lakes. There were some textures in 2004 trainz that had a good appearance for this, but since the change in water in TANE that is not an option. Another possilbity is an actual object but that is complex and would take a lot of careful editing and placement.

thanks for the reply i am reassured that the change will only affect the route. And i do understand how session changes are also route changes thanks again for the replies.

Chris

Back