Quick Portal Manager SE?

ksnitzen

Please, I'm asking your indulgence, as this must be a simple question, but how do I download QPMSE? I read about it, and have tried several times, and it just shows up in my download cart, but I can't seem to get any further from there. I need to get this downloaded and installed in my computer but it just sits there. I imagine the whole thing is laughing at me...

And, what I really want to do is get the portals on my routes to DO something. As of now, they will certainly swallow up a train that goes into them, but I'd like to get my portals to generate a train every so often and have them go somewhere. I haven't been able to figure out how to make this happen in quite some months now.

Thanks,
Earl
Clovis, New Mexico USA

Please, I'm asking your indulgence, as this must be a simple question, but how do I download QPMSE? I read about it, and have tried several times, and it just shows up in my download cart, but I can't seem to get any further from there. I need to get this downloaded and installed in my computer but it just sits there. I imagine the whole thing is laughing at me...

And, what I really want to do is get the portals on my routes to DO something. As of now, they will certainly swallow up a train that goes into them, but I'd like to get my portals to generate a train every so often and have them go somewhere. I haven't been able to figure out how to make this happen in quite some months now.

Thanks,
Earl
Clovis, New Mexico USA

Hi Earl

It's actually called 'Central Portal Control' which is built-in. It can be activated to control all your portals from the one source, just by going to the Main Menu in Surveyor and selecting 'Edit Session'.

From there, go to 'Add' and select 'Central Portal Control' and click the checkmark.

Then you can 'edit' it and add all your 'Entry' portals. Make sure you 'name' all your portals so you can identify them readily.

Only enter your Driver commands from this source. Do not then 'edit' the individual portals with additional commands as this will interfere with what you achieved through Central Portal Control.

Good luck.
Cheers
Roy

Thanks, Roy. That kinda gives me the idea of how to use portals. I've been struggling with them for a while now. It just always seemed like I should be able to use them to generate some traffic.

Hi Earl

It's actually called 'Central Portal Control' which is built-in. It can be activated to control all your portals from the one source, just by going to the Main Menu in Surveyor and selecting 'Edit Session'.

From there, go to 'Add' and select 'Central Portal Control' and click the checkmark.

Then you can 'edit' it and add all your 'Entry' portals. Make sure you 'name' all your portals so you can identify them readily.

Only enter your Driver commands from this source. Do not then 'edit' the individual portals with additional commands as this will interfere with what you achieved through Central Portal Control.

Good luck.
Cheers
Roy
Cheers Roy. I've learned something new today. :D

Dave

Back