Blank Route

lambert1995

So has anyone had a route where this happened?
B057E67511713007B097494DE36C7CD2F2F0F844

This is supposed to be Yorkshire Pt. 1. It looked like this before and after upgrading it to build 3.5 for use in T:ANE. What should I do?

It looks like there might be a map file missing.
I had this problem a while ago but can't remember what I did to solve it.

EDIT... Just downloaded with CM 3.7 and everything seems ok.

Last edited:
So has anyone had a route where this happened?

This is supposed to be Yorkshire Pt. 1. It looked like this before and after upgrading it to build 3.5 for use in T:ANE. What should I do?
Open the route for edit and check to see if the files are titled for example, Yorkshire.trk etc. If so they need to be renamed mapfile.trk, mapfile.obs etc. There should only be 4 or 5 files that require renaming.
cheers
Graeme

Thanks grazlash, that did the trick. But now I've got a new issue... Take a look;
8868A0BB91DB636CFFB99E4EA43D370A314A9E52

When I zoom in everything is there... Just can't say I've seen a map do this before.

All you need to do now, is paint a ground texture in each of the "blue" baseboards. I generally just use the bulk asset replace tool, as I am usually upgrading the textures to HD ones anyway (the ones which start with TS09, 10 or 12). That will fix that problem. It happens all the time when I am doing a route renovation before merging.
cheers
Graeme

I found that using TS12 to update older routes prior to importing them into T:ANE solves this problem in one shot, and there are no clear baseboards.

Open the route in TS12 and then save-as to create a new version for transfer to T:ANE.

Hi
Does this work on Trainz 2010?
I ask this as i am currently trying to get Hooverman's ECML South to work for me.

I recently downloaded a couple of older routes that showed up bland in Tane. I tried importing them into ts12 to see if they worked. They did, so I exported to CDP and imported to Tane. Worked like a charm for those two.

Hi guys
I think ive worked out the iussue. I followed your instructions in changing ther file names, but everytime i commit a new extra bmk. file is created. No matter how many times i delete it,and commit it just reappears. Why?

If this route is from about 2005 then there are EIGHT parts to download!!!!

You want Yorkshire Pt1 thru to Yorkshire Pt 8 and if I remember correctly they have to be merged

Mike

If this route is from about 2005 then there are EIGHT parts to download!!!!

You want Yorkshire Pt1 thru to Yorkshire Pt 8 and if I remember correctly they have to be merged

Mike
Hi Mike
As i said previously, i am working on Hoovermans 'ECML Central' which is also from TRS04. That is just what i thought! But how do you merge the files together?
Regards, Simon

Hi Simon

I have sent you a 'Private Message'

I have two text files which explain how to merge each section to another. It varies from section to section and includes deleting certain baseboards as you go.

Mike

Hi Simon

I have sent you a 'Private Message'

I have two text files which explain how to merge each section to another. It varies from section to section and includes deleting certain baseboards as you go.

Mike
Thats all very well Mike, but my problem doesnt lie in Surveyor. The issue is that i cant load older routes without it crashing, Having read this chat, i modified the file names ia Content Manager -> Edit in Explorer. I went back to Surveyor and it loaded only oblivion. Thinking that i had missed a file i returned to Explorer to find MapfileECML.bmk(2). I deleted this and then commited again. This attempt provided the same results After several more atempts i looked in the config.file to see if something was amiss. It has all the usual ingredients (World origin, Username, Author) and then i noticed it had asset file name: ECMLCentral.bmk and underneath that, asset file name: ECMLCentral.bmk (2). That is what i was wondering about merging
Kind regards, Simon

Back