Canadian Rocky Mountains Columbia River Basin

I think you were meaning to say Arsonist's instead of arsenists but i doubt you would actually need any help setting fire to your route you seem to do very well on your own Rembrandt van Trainz :hehe:.
Mick.

I purchased this a few days ago and honestly find it to be a beautiful route. I enjoyed the sessions and wished there were more. I like the incorporation of planes and helicopters. It reminded me of an older NG route which had helicopter routes and operating shipping routes, I can't remember the name but I had it on my older versions of Trainz.

I can't really say there was anything that disappointed me...just that I wanted or was expecting more. More yards or interactive industries. I'm not really a rail fan or know much about routes but to the best of my understanding, this is a branch line? It is also my understanding that additional sections/routes to this are going to be available in the near future??? I think I read that in one of the ads for this. I sure hope so because it would make for a really amazing experience that I would easily spend many hours on...and additional $ on providing it had the same quality as this.

Please look at the DLS, there are already a few things from me for the CRB route. These are some things I had done at the time when I got Roy's route for a performance test. Perhaps this week comes from me an update and extensions to it. Maybe there is something you like? Otherwise, you are right, more routes will follow.

HDPNLC.jpg

Hello Fellow Trainz Friends
I happen to live (half of the year) on the south extension of this route at the 18 km south of Golden part. My log cabin overlooks the Columbia Valley and I get to see the trains running from my deck high above the tracks. I just purchased the route a few days back and wanted to say that I am really enjoying it. Roy has done a pretty nice job of capturing the feel of the area. There is one thing I might suggest for any future updates to make it a bit more realistic. That would be a few passing tracks on the south extension from Golden to Parson. In real life there are a few of them between Golden and Parson. This would make for a few more trains being able to run on the south line. As it is now only one train can run that line.

A week or so back Roy posted some screenshots in this thread that showed the Clouds in Golden. If any of you are interested I made a time-lapse video of these clouds over the Columbia Valley. You can check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGh0bAlRJWw

Hope you guys are enjoying this Layout as much as I am. Also a big thanks to Escd84 for his additional sessions that are on the download station. One of them kept me going for over 7 hours the other day. Cheers Christian!!!

Have fun with this great Layout! I'm sure we will see some new great sessions for it soon.
Paul

Beautiful work Roy, i live in the mountains of Colorado and know that area you depict as well and you conveyed the natural environment very well indeed. I am very impressed with your density of trees especially It is key to making a good mountain route to have realistic tree coverage and you do. well done!

Cheers
Chris

Are there any interactive industries on this route? Or is it all A to B running and looking at the scenery?

RJ Artim

Last edited:
Are there any interactive industries on this route? Or is it all A to B running and looking at the scenery?
Only found three interactive areas with seven tracks.

Oh, that's right none can be added.

:n:

Harold

Last edited:
Oh, that's right none can be added.
Not quite true Harold.
It is possible to add you own industries to a payware route using Create Session. Simply add track to an existing vertex, and reconnect the track to another existing vertex. This allows you to insert interactive industries, lay double track, create whole branchlines and much more. In fact, you can then even upload the session to the DLS for others who own the route to enjoy. So the system isn't as closed as some people think.

Also, while there are only three interactive industries (i.e. automated loading and unloading), that doesn't stop you from using the Train Tab to load and unload at any industry you like. There are also some large yard areas for shunting operations, and of course the additional sessions on the DLS provided by escd84 (along with a very long list of additional CP/CN/UP rolling stock) which provide hours of extra activities. It is also my understanding this route is prototypical (I don't know how close it is to the original).

I guess it all depends upon how different people operate their railroad whether this is an issue or not. Clearly it is an issue for Harold (although he has purchased the route, so there must be some , but not for lots of other people who enjoy this great route. Harold does tend to find the glass half empty when it come to most things N3V or RoysTrainz do, but the fact he is still around and has purchased a full copy of the CRB route suggests that he may enjoy using the product while not necessarily endorsing it :)

Last edited:
Not quite true Harold. It is possible to add you own industries to a payware route using Create Session. Simply add track to an existing vertex, and reconnect the track to another existing vertex. This allows you to insert interactive industries, lay double track, create whole branchlines and much more. In fact, you can then even upload the session to the DLS for others who own the route to enjoy. So the system isn't as closed as some people think.
None of that can be done because the route terrain cannot be edited:

canadian_unedit.jpg

Bought the route because I bought the TS12 route. This version is not very good compared to the earlier TS12 version.

Harold

Last edited:
Is anyone else having this issue?

When running the One Tunnel Automatic session, the westbound train, coming down through Golden, goes through the junction and then, for some unknown reason, backs up all way back through it, only to go forward again.

Well to be honest i was not aware of this glitch nor the creator Hkoster1. Can you replicate it and tell us from what junction ot changes course and to what point before reversing again?

The problem with recreating this issue is that it takes so long, due to the low track speeds, to get the train to that spot on the route.

Short story of what I see is:

Train's schedule is Drive via Trackmark GoldenJWB1 -> GoldenJWB3 -> GoldenWWB -> ... etc.

The train drives through GoldenJWB1, then GoldenJWB3, and when the tail end is clear GoldenJWB1, it stops, reverses all the way back to signal S363S1 and then goes forward again.

I'm wondering if the issue has something to do with the trackmarks and how they are spaced, or oriented.

Does the Drive via Trackmark command only complete once the WHOLE train passes the trackmark?

If so, then the Drive via Trackmark GoldenJWB1 command only completes once the tail-end of the train clears the trackmark.

Then it moves on to the Drive via Trackmark GoldenJWB3 command, however the head-end is well beyond this so ... the train has to back up in order to execute it.

I'll have to run this a few more times to see if I can confirm this.

The problem is known.

Roy and/or N3V made some last-minute tweaks to the route before offering it for sale. Unfortunately, they missed that some triggers and trackmarks (in the session layer) got dislocated in the process. Revised sessions were made many months ago, but have not made it past the N3V review process yet. Won't be long once TANE SP2 is released, I figure.

The problem is known.

Roy and/or N3V made some last-minute tweaks to the route before offering it for sale. Unfortunately, they missed that some triggers and trackmarks (in the session layer) got dislocated in the process. Revised sessions were made many months ago, but have not made it past the N3V review process yet. Won't be long once TANE SP2 is released, I figure.

Hmmm .. interesting. Something similar happened with my stations.

Back