Why is a trackside camera not a trckside asset ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are built in assets for TRS2006 <kuid:-1:6130>

That's the built-in tracking (not trackside) camera.

Seems that you want something like the existing tracking camera that has an adjustable vertical offset (+/- degrees) from the default. Shouldn't be too hard to do. You should post your idea in the Suggestion Boxcar.

Yeah ... Right ... I can see that happening by N3V, real soon ... maybe in the "NEXT T:ANE"

I am beginning to think that nobody really cares about the deficiencies and inadequacies of the "built-in tracking camera" ...and I am beginning to think that nobody can even create one, that can tilt upwards, that automatically pans back and forth, and zooms

Looking at the bottom of a fuel tank is a real drag ... and if I were showing this simulator to someone new ... they would laugh at its lousy design

Last edited:
I'm not sure what other simulators use for cameras, but MSTS had a good one, and MSTS doesn't use cameras. In MSTS all you have to do is to press either 4 (or is that F4?) for the same effect that the trackside cameras do.

And since MSTS doesn't use trackside cameras, you can get a different view, even at the same place.

That would be the best system.

I tried all the various camera assets, which are essentially a loco, that when pressing numeral 1 (cab view) gives you a trainzoptions file: "-freeintcam" view ... but none are automated panning ... you have to click on the "signal box camera", then pan around manually using the mouse ... A very lousy camera system Trainz has ! You would have thought that after 14 years Trainz would have improved, more than it has, which is TRS2006 with shadows

I am beginning to think that nobody really cares about the deficiencies and inadequacies of the "built-in tracking camera" ...and I am beginning to think that nobody can even create one, that can tilt upwards, that automatically pans back and forth, and zooms...
Perhaps because no one else does care. :hehe:

And neither does N3V care ... they just keep on pushing out a new, broken, defective, train simulator @ every 1-2-3 years or so ... making no real improvements ... They just keep all the same defective things, from game to game, like "tracking cameras" that won't look up ... abandoning broken versions in mid development, like a red headed stepchild, with unsupport ... then making a brand new broken train simulator for you to buy ... and you go out and buy it !

14 years ... with no improvements ... TRS2006 with shadows

Last edited:
Yeah ... Right ... I can see that happening by N3V, real soon ... maybe in the "NEXT T:ANE"

It surely won't happen if you don't write it up properly as a suggestion.

Seems to me you are more interested in griping about what other people aren't doing than you are in actually doing something useful yourself.

You can suggest anything you want in "Suggestion Boxcar", and it seems that nothing new ever gets implemented, nor fixed ... It would seem as far as N3V is concerned: The asset works just as it was intended, when it was designed for TRS2004, and doesn't need updating, nor improvement ... people have been suggesting thousands of things to be implemented, and it seems that none of their wishes have been implemented ... besides N3V is probably far too busy working on the "NEXT T:ANE version ... suggestions will most probably fall on deaf ears at N3V

PS: As you suggested ... I have posted a tread in the "Suggestion Boxcar" ... we will see if it even gets posted, or a response ... as the Boxcar Suggestion topic is moderated, and threads are oftentimes deleted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back