Grade XING Help

Christopher824

CDETrainz.com
I am trying to use any one of the Grade Xing with 2 tracks and they don't seem to work correctly when placing the tracks to them. If I lay 4 pieces of track down llike this...

Trains_XING1.JPG

Then I add any one of the Grade Xing and connect the rails it modifies the direction of the tracks on one side all the way to the next junction

Trains_XING2.JPG

No matter how I try to correct the track direction, the second I attach it to the Xing it changes it back. Anyone have an idea what's going on? Or should I just make my own Xing's with the ATLS controller system.

Last edited:
You could try adding a Spline Point about 60' in each dierection from the crossing and then use the Direction markers beyond the new spline point.
I'm not quite sure what use the Dir. markers are in what you show........

DaveL

The direction markers show which way the AI looks at the track I guess. If I place a loco on that piece of track, that is the direction it will face. I guess it only matters if you use AI trains. So after I place the Xing, the AI will not travel in the opposite direction any longer, even if I rotate the track direction marker, the track retains the direction.

Trains_XING3.JPG

Last edited:
The direction markers show which way the AI looks at the track I guess. If I place a loco on that piece of track, that is the direction it will face. I guess it only matters if you use AI trains. So after I place the Xing, the AI will not travel in the opposite direction any longer, even if I rotate the track direction marker, the track retains the direction.

Trains_XING3.JPG

Hey Chris, I've noticed the same thing previously, but I have found a way around the situation. First lay four separate pieces of track in the direction of travel and put a direction marker on each. Then place your level crossing between them. Drag your track to the connection spline and you'll see the direction markers will stay in place, and no need to rotate them.
Cheers,
Roy3b3

I've tried that, but as the picture shows, the direction marker stays correct, but when you place a loco on the track it still aligns in the wrong direction, the track still has the wrong direction, an it messes with the AI of the trains, and ignores the track direction marker.

Update... Just performed the official SP1 build 80349 patch and this is still a problem, happens with built in asset ID kuid2:39134:101589:3

Thank You

Have you tried to rotate the train or just placed it on the track? Looking at the screenshot the engine has just been placed on the track and allowed to face the direction of the track. Go into the consist tab and use the rotate tool to change direction of the engine. The direction markers only tell the train which direction of travel it should take not the way it looks.

Last edited:
I have found out the problem. It is not the Crossing, it is the track, and only the TANE tracks

So if you are using any Grade Xing including these built in peices

Grade Xing US Inc. 2L 1T <kuid2:39134:101595:2>
Grade Xing US Inc. 2L 2T <kuid2:39134:39134:101598:3>
Grade Xing US Inc. 2L 3T <kuid2:39134:39134:101599:3>

Do Not Use These Tracks, They Are Broken...

TANE 1Trk Wood <kuid:-25:1062>
TANE Trk Concrete <kuid:523:1116:5>
TANE Trk Jarrah <kuid:523:1110:5>
TANE Trk Oak <kuid2:30501:1001:10>
TANE Trk Rails Only <kuid2:529:1216:3>

The grade crossing works perfect as expected with all the other tracks I have tried. I am now rebuilding all my routes by replacing all the tracks I have laid with TANE.

Back