Names on older A4's, P2's and Semis in TANE

ingha

I have all the older A4, P2 and Duchesses from Alex23 and Jetstreamsky working in TANE, except that the names do not show. The numbers show correctly when entered manually, but not the associated names. All worked fine in TS12.

Has anyone else found the same and been able to resolve the issue?

Ingha

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, all worked well in TS12. It is only since TANE that the problem occurs. Tane seems to put up a modified box for loco inputs when you press the '?' button in surveyor. It will accept new loco numbers, but the associated names do not show on the loco.

Ingha

I have the same problem. All the A4s are called Duchess of Gloucester! No matter how they are numbered. Goodness knows how this happens. I can do nothing about it.
Ian

Thank you for confirming the issue, Ian. In the loco body files digit 6b shows as 'Duchess of Gloucester'. This is what is being picked up rather than the 6b in the alpha_number file. I cannot find a solution either, other than changing the digit 6b in the body file to another name. As even 'Duchess of Gloucester' disappears from the loco after a run or two, perhaps we must await further updates for Tane.

This is no criticism whatsoever of the loco authors. All worked splendidly in TS12, so it is something that has changed in the TANE programme.

Ingha

Back