WM and BO Mega Route Tane version.

Works great:

mega1.jpg

Harold

I've got 1 missing dependency <kuid2:45324:38025:4> JR Dk Grey. I have version 3 but not 4. Tried download the track off jr but didn't catch it.

Rob

Got it downloaded and installed. now for the missing stuff. Am I the only one that doesn't know what to do with ProtoLARS_MegaPack_1.1.man once downloaded? Have not heard of the .man extension and it seems neither has T:ANE.

Got it downloaded and installed. now for the missing stuff. Am I the only one that doesn't know what to do with ProtoLARS_MegaPack_1.1.man once downloaded? Have not heard of the .man extension and it seems neither has T:ANE.

A .man file format is a Unix man(ual) file for documentation. Libre Office is usually the program that's used to edit these. For kicks, open it in Notepad and see what's in it. The worst thing you'll get is a bunch of smiley faces and stuff that you can't read.

The rest of the ProtoLarse mega-pack should be fine, or at least it was when I downloaded it a gazillion years ago from TPR.

John

I installed the ProtoLars mega pack without error yesterday. I was only missing a couple of items in TS12 so decided to just download and install from the site. I didn't see any man files.

Rob

I made an announcement yesterday in the Freeware section regarding the T:ANE routes. The website is up and running and the five routes are now available for T:ANE. I made a major revision to the site, and had to shut it down while I reinstalled the download counters. This involved some complicated HTML, and after several hit and miss attempts I was able to get them working again. As far as the Protolars Mega pack is concerned, I have no idea what the .man file is, or how to open it. Anyone have an idea?

Be sure to check out the site's Home page. It explains all of the revisions and updates.

I just checked TPR's download station, and that .man file has been changed to a cdp file. Works good.

Joe

Last edited:
Hi

It's been a long time since I downloaded Protolars Megapack but if I recall correctly I just changed the file suffix to .cdp and it then installed ok.

Regards

Brian

So I changed the extension to cdp. Loaded it via the program directing it to the file on the desktop. Seemed to work but still no track. Opened the file on the desktop and directed it to T:ANE. Seemed to work but still no track. Checked for missing dependencies. There were many. Loaded them from the DLS and most came up "obsolete". Still no track.

I just checked the jr dk grey track (<kuid2:45324:38025:3>). It was originally payware content in T:ane, but now it is obsolete, and has been replaced by <kuid2:45324:38025:4>, which is listed as "modified". I don't how or where I acquired the latest version, but it should be builtin in T:ane. Does anyone have an idea where to find this latest version?

Joe

Have <kuid2:45324:38025:4> in my JR download folder with a date of last March.

The title is all lower case and the other files in the folder are from 2012 when I downloaded them from JR.

Don't know where I acquired the file.

Harold

Last edited:
I just checked the jr dk grey track on Jointed Rail's site. Kuid2:45324:38025:3 is obsolete, and kuid2:45324:38025:4, which replaces it, is available for download. It may no longer be builtin in Trainz. At this time it will be necessary to download it from JR's site.

Joe

Where did you find kuid2:45324:38025:4? I am missing that and also kuid2:60238:38191:1 Can not seem to find them anywhere. When I load up the route most of the track is missing, well white track that does not have anything behind it.

Back