help with triggers

leeferr

thanks for the memories
I'm trying to develop a session with triggers that are activated each time that a specific train passes; however, I want to do something different each time the trigger is activated. I'm really at a loss as to how to set it up. Do the trigger checks have to be in an ordered list to make this work?
Any advice is appreciated.

I'm trying to develop a session with triggers that are activated each time that a specific train passes; however, I want to do something different each time the trigger is activated. I'm really at a loss as to how to set it up. Do the trigger checks have to be in an ordered list to make this work?
Any advice is appreciated.

Have you tried the "Sessions and Rules Guide" Not sure if the content will solve your problem or not but it might be worth a try.

http://files.auran.com/TRS2006/manuals/TRS2006_Sessions_&_Rules_Guide(31-Oct-2005).zip

Sorry I don't have the answer personally.....:confused: still learning I'm afraid. At the very least it will give your inquiry a bump.

Paul

The only sessions and rules guide that I have is for 06 and I'm working in 04. I've read through it 2 or 3 times. I guess I've got to get back into it and figure it out.

I know this thread is several days old, but for those interested, with a lot of reading and a little trial and error, I finally figured out how to make the triggers work. Actually, it was simple. All I had to do was add a consist check rule and it works like a charm. I hate html's though. It seems like there would be a simpler way to introduce an instruction or help screen rather than through an html. I find them rather difficult to work with. Maybe I just dont understand them enough yet. I'll study and learn. All it takes is time, trial and error.

HTML Assets

I've just been playing with the 'Triggers' trying to understand how they work. The Sessions and Rules Guide does help.

However my problem is:- Where on earth are the various HTML assets hidden and whats available in them? I've searched for all (*.htm & *.html) files to no avail yet, some display when the 'Display HTML' rule is selected.

There doesn't appear to be any information anywhere as to what is available to use within these (hidden) pages. I specifically want to use a trigger to play a horn sound but can't find out how to do it.

Assuming I learn how to set up HTML pages (assets?) where should they be placed etc?

If anyone has any advice it would be most welcome.

KayTee

Hi

With regard to your enquiry would the following be of any help?

To sound the horn at a specific point, place on the track a "Marker" and give it a name (ie: TM 1).

In "Driver Command" tick "Hornz" (DLS kuid: 66277:80001 by "smileyman").
In "Driver Setup" insert "Drive via Trackmark - TM 1" followed by "Hornz" in the drivers schedule.

For any other action by other trains - in "Driver Setup" insert "Drive via Trackmark - TM1" in the schedule followed by whatever action you require to be taken by each train.

I'm not sure if this helps because as far as I'm aware, Triggers are only activated by specified train(s) passing over them to initiate an action by another train awaiting the trigger.

(ie: Train "A" drives to a specific point (trackmark, signal, station, etc.) and then has to "Wait for Trigger - [train(s) name]". Once the Trigger is passed by the specified train(s) then Train "A" will carry out the next instruction in the schedule.)

I hope this helps!

David :)

Happiness is green all the way! :D

Help me.
How do I insert a trigger into my route.
I found no object with the name of "trigger" in the object list.

Help me.
How do I insert a trigger into my route.
I found no object with the name of "trigger" in the object list.

Look in the track tab. There are icons for track, signals and trackmarks the trigger is under the trackmark icon. Click on the word trigger then click on the track, that will place a trigger.

Cheers,
Bill69

And so, knowing this to be a long thread, I have another question or point to make, and I would really like to get an opinion or answer: You put a trigger, and you set a train that will start when another train (for example arrives to a station). So far so good and it works. But adding the command "wait for trigger" slows down the set up process. Let me explain: Normally you click on the green icon to open the list of things you want the train to do, ie: "navigate to trackmark", and it happens (the menu opens instantly). But if you have the command wait for trigger.. the menu takes up to 4 or more seconds to open! When you are doing a lot of things, it is unacceptable. Am I the only one that has this problem?

Put a track mark at chosen location, navigate Via track mark, Play sound. Simples:p. It's a driver command on the DLS. :wave:

Back