MNRR Hudson Line WIP

The roads that I will most likely be using (Which are shown in pics) are the 082 asphalt roads. not sure if I got them from a site or from the DLS.

I asked that same question after his last post Meow, lol. I like their look, but unfortunately they're not a complete system. In some ways thats a good thing, because it'll make you as a creator fill in the gaps, but there are some things that it'll never be able to do....

What I wouldn't give for a complete road system with decent textures and an elevation system that made sense.....

-Falcus

This is a wonderful start to what I think is one of the most beautiful rail lines in the Northeast. No place in my opinion compares to the Metro North Commuter Railroad's Hudson Line, especially in autumn. Well done, and keep up the good work.

I definitely agree. I like seeing a lot of the scenic routes from different routes all around the world but my favorite railroad would be the Metro North, especially the Hudson line because you there's a nice view of the river, and a variety of railroads run along the Hudson such as Metro North, Amtrak, CSX and Canadian Pacific. I think the Hudson is the most scenic out of all the other lines in the Metro North Railroad. It's also interesting modelling a couple of spur or abandoned trackage along the journey up the Hudson such as the abandoned putnam branch and the Maybrook/Beacon line.

Appreciate the comments guys!

I agree abandoned tracks are pretty interesting. I was thinking of making a "What if" route for the Hudson valley rail trail if it hadn't been abandoned as a small side project. Although I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested.

Anyway, Here is another shot of the same place above, but finished. Any suggestions?

That is a GREAT idea....I wish someone could make a 2040 NEC route. See all the high speed mains and new tunnels.
Holy crap, you must have been digging in my brain. I have been thinking about the idea of a 2040 Northeast Corridor route for Trainz. I'm positive it wouldn't look anything like what the Pennsylvania, and New Haven Railroads used for their Northeast Corridor.

Holy crap, you must have been digging in my brain. I have been thinking about the idea of a 2040 Northeast Corridor route for Trainz. I'm positive it wouldn't look anything like what the Pennsylvania, and New Haven Railroads used for their Northeast Corridor.

It would probably look something similar to Europe's HSR system. Which would be awesome.

Appreciate the comments guys!

I agree abandoned tracks are pretty interesting. I was thinking of making a "What if" route for the Hudson valley rail trail if it hadn't been abandoned as a small side project. Although I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested.

Anyway, Here is another shot of the same place above, but finished. Any suggestions?
I see beautiful detailed rgcx freight cars from the dls.

amtrak20141864- Sounds like a cool idea although I like the PRR catenary and would hate to see them torn down to be replaced with newer ones. By 2040 it would probably be a maglev lol!

john2002- Yes you're correct they are, although I have no idea how you figured that out because they are barely visible.

Ok back on topic.

As of now I'm waiting for TANE after hearing that many assets will require fixing to work correctly to continue the route. It is not dead and never will be. This route will not die!
I might have some screens sometime of trackwork or other small things, so don't expect to much on this route until the release of TANE.

Back