Just a request for the jointedrail site

emcnally

Could you possibly setup your webpage so it will show if you own payware items that are listed? I own so much of your stuff that sometimes I have difficulty figuring out if I've go it or not. Like there are 4 or 5, maybe even more versions of the CSX SD70 but it takes me awhile to go back and forth figuring out if I've got it already or not.

Thanks

May I also add to this - is it at all possible to actually place a release date on your items as they do not always list in order of release on the site. It may also help with emcally's request above.

I have a Word file on my computer and a three ring binder that I keep a list of all the motive power and freight cars that I have purchased and down loaded from JR. I have to do this to keep track of what I have. I also have a 64GB SD card with all these files backed up.

It is my responsibility as a customer to keep my own records of what I purchase, that way I know it is correct.

If you go to "My Account" , click on "My Downloadable Products" there is a list of your purchases.

I have a Word file on my computer and a three ring binder that I keep a list of all the motive power and freight cars that I have purchased and down loaded from JR. I have to do this to keep track of what I have. I also have a 64GB SD card with all these files backed up.

It is my responsibility as a customer to keep my own records of what I purchase, that way I know it is correct.

If you go to "My Account" , click on "My Downloadable Products" there is a list of your purchases.

I also keep a Word document with all of the payware I own, from every website that sells payware. I too also keep a copy of the cdps of all payware I buy, and back it up onto a thumb drive. Definitely smart ideas!

The main reason why we haven't done this is mentioned by John above. We already have that feature, if you login and go to my account and then look at the menu on the left you will see "My Downloadable Products". Click that tab and it will list all of your purchases on our site.

Unless you're looking for something storeside, that I would have to see if it's possible from the coder!

Thanks,

Mike

May I also add to this - is it at all possible to actually place a release date on your items as they do not always list in order of release on the site. It may also help with emcally's request above.

I have had this question asked before too, let me see what I can do with the new site.

Mike

The main reason why we haven't done this is mentioned by John above. We already have that feature, if you login and go to my account and then look at the menu on the left you will see "My Downloadable Products". Click that tab and it will list all of your purchases on our site.

Thanks,

Mike

I have noticed that much of the items I had gotten way back near the beginning of JR are not in that list though. I have everything backed up so it's not a big deal but still. I seam to remember when that function was implemented it kept track of all purchases from that point on but the previous purchases needed to be put in manually or something like that.

Bill

Right we were using a different software before 2012 so anything prior to that would not be shown without us manually inputting it or writing some fancy script to do it. While that sounds nice and all, my suggestion is keep track of it locally in a spreadsheet or something similar.

A quick note about the "My Downloadable Products" feature.. Ive noticed that the feature contains only one of my purchases for JR, although I have made a few over the past 4 years..I understand the pre 2012 thing I believe, would that mean I would have to send order confirmation information in order to redownload products purchased before the overhaul, or are those no longer downloadable for me?

Unless you're looking for something storeside, that I would have to see if it's possible from the coder!

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes storeside is what I was talking about. I also have a word doc, But I have also overlooked item that I would have otherwise bought because I thought I already had it. Now if there was some kind of note on the item in the store that showed that I owned it then I wouldn't miss items that I didn't own.

I wouldn't say it is impossible but it would be a lot of work on my part as a well as using more resources in the already very very large database of users and items at JR (this is why it gets slow sometimes). I would be very hesitant to give every user the ability to see on the fly if they already have the item or not. This seems like it would just take too much database resource to me.

If you wish to have any order information added that does not show in the downloadable products, just send us your previous order number(s) and the items can be added.

Hi everybody and a happy new year to you all
Well I have to say Thank you all for a bute idea you see I too have bought a lot of Locos
and Have Not got any idea of what I have and I don't have any backups so My dear wife Vicki
Bought me a 1TB external hard drive so that I can

so thank you all for your help

I was just wondering when the intermodal was going to be released it did say the week of the 26-1-2015
it is now 28-1-2015
and I am getting rather excited about this project

Thank you all

Chris Sullivan

I wouldn't say it is impossible but it would be a lot of work on my part as a well as using more resources in the already very very large database of users and items at JR (this is why it gets slow sometimes). I would be very hesitant to give every user the ability to see on the fly if they already have the item or not. This seems like it would just take too much database resource to me.

If you wish to have any order information added that does not show in the downloadable products, just send us your previous order number(s) and the items can be added.

ok, well couldn't hurt to ask if you could make it happen. Just didnt know how hard it would be.

Why not just add the Kuid number to the item page? That way a simply copy and paste to content manager would tell someone if they already have an item or not.

Back