How to make grades and Xing gates

Koryclarke1991

I have two questions. First, how do I make hills or grades like you see trains ascend or descend? I try and attempt them, but my grades look like Tyco cliffhangers, which tools do I use for that so that they can appear more gradual? Second I notice if I have just a separate crossing mechanism, (not attached with a crossing) it doesn't seem to work. When I was running on the Mojave sub, I noticed the gates didn't go down. I also noticed some of those crossing mechanisms have an invisible red wire attached to them, others it says BNSF50, but the blue spot is right under the gate instead of a few inches to the side of it. How do I connect these especially the ones with the red wire to make them operational?

Thanks,

Steven C. Jensen
South Milwaukee, WI U.S.A.

As to the crossings, I have hundreds of crossings that do not have the NRC in the name that do not need ATLS, just connect to the track and they will work as is. For the NRC crossings you will need the ATLS system. Here is where you can go to learn how to set it up http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/. You can also search ATLS on You Tube for videos.
The best way to make track grades is with the track. Just raise one end of a long length of track and hit the smooth button which will raise the terrain up to the track along its length.

Back