Forum down

Hi All
We thank you for your patience here, we are still working on restoring all web services at the moment. We are seeing intermittent outages still, although this may actually be a per user issue (we are seeing some users with access, and some users without access).

Regards

Maybe you'd better PM those users without access and let them know what's goin' on. :hehe:
Well I can't access here normally as google chrome nor firefox can't load anything auran related.I have to use an ip proxy to get access here.It is the only way atm.

Same here with Firefox, I only found out it was back from a mailing list, discovered it wasn't, checked with Is it down right now and it was so quick and dirty fix was to change DNS servers, that indicates to me that there was a possible DNS problem and some of the DNS servers haven't caught up yet.

Last edited:
It was more then likely a DDOS attack, hundreds of websites over the past day or so were hit, some worse then other's.

Nah... someone forgot to feed the hamsters.

Back to normal for me after half a day without any working forum links.

Lennard

PA is still down. Both website as connecting via CM. Tried to access via both my internet provider and mobile and on multiple devices.

I guess we will see how things get back to normal later.

Edit:
And now it work.

Last edited:
I couldn't get here via the normal Internet/wifi on any device. Only way in is via "data" usage on my iphone! Hopefully it's back up and running soon!

so, now that it seems to be back up, after almost 2 days intermittent service, do we know exactly *why* there were service issues?

Falcus

The problem is regional as some DNS servers are still not understanding the N3V IP addresses and as a result not being able to connect.

Shane

hamster.gif

They are back up and running I see. :hehe:

Still not right here.:(

Connection to Trainz Forum is intermittently failing, whilst links to other sites via other tabs on my browser in are working just fine.

Damn. It's just gone again whilst trying to edit the above post.

These disconnections are logging me out and clearing the list of new posts, so it's impossible to find posts which I've not read.:confused:

Last edited:
Try Googles free DNS it is working fine here. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 if you are using a router is very easy to change from the ISP's DNS servers. Bit more complex if using any kind of modem.

@clam1952

Thanks for the advice. I've had a look at how this works here: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

I don't use a router, so I think I'll live with the problem for now in the hope that these Forum breaks are just temporary. I have an uncanny knack of messing things up every time I introduce something new. It might be one for the future though.

Do you have to sign into Google to get this? I'm not registered with them, and have no intention of doing so.

Back