Narrow gauge screenshots

Very nice Nathan, I wish I had the talent to create routes. Fortunately the Bulk Asset Replacement Tool gives me the power to revive old routes with new and modern assets. About three hours of tree replacement...

Hilly enough for you narrowgauge? Shot from above Collins off the Collins Lumber Mill Spur.

Moe after tree replacement

Walhalla

And you talk about shadows, those crows cast shadows too. Pretty amazing.

Erica

Collins

I'm about 2/3rds done with flora replacement mostly small stuff left. Then I'll tackle some of the scenery and track flaws. Mostly fiddly stuff.

Last edited:
Nice shots Nathan. I'm really starting to like that route you are making the more and more I see it. :) your doing a fantastic job on it.
Thanks Matt! Funnily enough, it isn't the Holderness route I started the thread on. That area is much flatter :hehe:. This is more a Wales-based route but I'm having quite a lot of fun building it so I'm concentrating on that. I've only done a little bit more work on the Holderness route. But hey, there's still going to be a new 2ft gauge route released at the end of the day! However, I will have to see about replacing all the sirgibby payware scenery I accidentally used...

Here are some more shots:
72da3a53e6dd9d02b9983f1059e157d8.jpg

51f4d801a8df3370cd6aba64e0557e34.jpg

0ce15a59bab56b3a01a274f57475a10a.jpg

cef6bd80cc2bb9a2050474985a9368bb.jpg

93357bac419c4c2705a9eca8308c3d86.jpg

Cab mode would be an interesting challenge on this route, there are some truly hellish gradients in places. Shame you can't really do cab mode with the NGG16s...

Getting distracted from my other projects again or is that still....
Re-loaded 2006 on old computer and rescued cvr from it also rescued iwngr just for intrest.
Got the backup from my new backup drive, should have been latest version but it was not, did not like the mixture of roads and way they joined so have replaced them all with steve's roads, some other things i dont like but not sure how to fix them at moment or cant remember how i did before, marked absolete stops with single atc ballis and has invisible speed limits but found on my test run that i had orginally missed some downhill 10mph ones test run railcar and van one Tynan 6:15 arriving m
Marquires Bridge 8:52 but should be a little longer

WIP shots from tablet
20160614_101759_zpschkothkw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20160614_100028_zpsgv9lk4qi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20160614_100201_zpslxwnv42d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
did fix wall right of gate did not notice it when i orginally took photo

Tom

Last edited:
Great stuff Tom, Nathan!

Here are some random Northbay screenies.

I have to say that I love PIERREPARIS's <kuid2:86528:38007:1> Decker_log_loader_NG3_loco! Thanks Pierre putting this monster around Northbay is interesting, I'll have to work up a session or two.

Your Scenery and Tree Foliage looks great, Colors are blended really nice, looks realistic......Thnks for sharing......

I really can't take credit, the ground textures are the original from way back so far as I know and the trees and bushes are all Auran speed trees. But, on behalf of a lot of folks, thanks. ;)

Was watching videos of China ng on youtube yesterday and made me think of these little locos, rescued them from 2006 now in ts12 on bimbi tramway as a test, no errors when loaded russian rzd-uzd esu1, esu2a, tmu-10, gmd-1 and ua with up trailer
20160621_105124_zpsjfy8abro.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tom

Last edited:
Also posted in the "Model Railroadz" thread (watch full screen / 1080p):

It's work in progress. The Klozett Railroad Company.

Phil

VRNG

Edit: Boy do I feel stupid! It turns out that a Gum tree is a Eucalyptus tree and there is a bunch of SpeedTree Eucalytus trees on the DLS from both Auran and RMM. Awesome! Perfect for all of ntesdorf's routes. This is going to be fun!

Last edited:
Dude, you are kidding us. :hehe: A screenshot isn't a photographed display. :p

Btw: What is this funny green rail car at the right track?

I don't know, it is a shot of a screen, isn't it? :cool: As for funny rail cars I'd like to know where Tom got all of them. "Rescued from 2006" seems a bit broad.

PS; Phil you gotta quit smoking in that basement it is getting downright foggy in there. :hehe:

Last edited:
yes they came from trainz simulator 2006 on my old computer.

they are 750mm Russian ng.
esu1 244 & 171 (Orange one for fire service)
ESA2a 492, 701, 718, 971
TMU-10
GMD-4 the little converted green truck (Loadable)
UA 4727 + UP Trailer (Loadable)

Came from the Russian Trainz site if I remember right, a long time ago.

Tom

Ah no point in trying to get my old computer fired up and checking the 2006 on it then because it is a basic install no downloads or anything else. Rats, oh well I really have enough to fool around with already. :eek:

Hi Norm --

Can I ask favour?

You would have seen my post earlier in this thread showing a video of a NG model trainz layout I've almost completed.

I'm thinking about sessions and am looking for interactive NG (3ft) freight cars.

I've identified hoppers:
36 Orecar
NG36 Hopper

And flats:
36ga Flatcar TRS v4.1
36NG 25' Flatcar

But I haven't been able to locate any interactive box cars or tank cars. In fact the only non-interactive versions of these I've been able to find are:
ng boxcar
dc tankcar

Do you know of any interactive boxes and tanks? Or even non-interactive ones? The only requirement is that they must be on the Download Station. Oh, yes - and work in T:ANE without requiring modifications.

Thanks,
Phil

Whecsailor is your man, Phil.

<kuid2:67261:15015:1> 36 NCNG box car 30FT
<kuid2:67261:15016:1> 36 F&CC boxcar 30FT TYPE A
<kuid2:67261:15017:1> 36 F&CC boxcar 30FT TYPE B
<kuid2:67261:15018:1> 36 G&D boxcar
<kuid2:67261:15021:1> 36 Buzzard Valley RR boxcar No bird

these two are not interactive but are about my favorite boxcars in trainz
<kuid:67261:15013> 36 Old box car
<kuid2:67261:15018:1> 36 G&D boxcar

<kuid2:67261:15004:1> 36 Water Wagon

You might want to consider his locomotives too.

<kuid2:124060:15041:2> 36NG 25' flatcar (NCNG) pencil42

BenDorsey's WP&Y collection offers boxcars, tank cars, flat cars, and depressed center cars.

Last edited:
I've also made a few SP cars, a 4-bogey flatcar (no prototype), some other odds-n-ends, and have started working my way thru the Uintah Railway traincars if your looking for a bit of variety. All 3 ft ga. Not all are interactive however (frankly I don't remember, lol).

Ben

LOL, I could not remember either that is why I only mentioned your WP&Y set.

I did just upload a pair of slugsmasher's 26' NG36 boxcars that I made interactive and added arn. Ought to be available in a couple of days. They might fit around your corners better Phil.

Last edited:
Back