Passenger Stations

Maas124

Colorado Railfan
I downloaded a few NG passenger cars recently, but realized that they only carry western passengers. I use trainz mac 1 and wonder if there is a vanilla station in the content list for buildings or, if there is a DLS search query recommendation for one. Thanks!

If you have Trainz Mac, please register your copy. As for passenger station's, I would try a few SI3D Skarloey Stations.

Sorry Maas, but it is not completely clear to me what you are looking for.
Could you please clarify what you are specify looking for?

In PC versions of Trainz it is possible to edit the config.txt file in Content Manager and change the load to another in the queues/products table and the kuid table. This can be done either on the coaches you have downloaded or the stations you want them to visit depending which passengers you want to load. As always it is probably a good idea to make these cahnges on a clone of the original assets.

the search query of a station that produces the western passengers commodity compatible w/ trains mac.

G'day,

I am aware of two such stations. They are 'Pitkin station' (<kuid2:63290:28018:3>) and 'Central station' (<kuid2:63290:28020:1>), both by Elvenor. The latter asset is basically the former with added facilities for horse-and-coach traffic.

Kieran.

I checked those out, but I am afraid to say that both have 1 faulty dependency which is the signal, thus making these stations unusable:( w/o editing them which I am unable to do. I have solved the problem by using a loading ramp. Thanks for trying to help!
Maas124

In PC versions of Trainz it is possible to edit the config.txt file in Content Manager and change the load to another in the queues/products table and the kuid table. This can be done either on the coaches you have downloaded or the stations you want them to visit depending which passengers you want to load. As always it is probably a good idea to make these cahnges on a clone of the original assets.
Hi,
Could you give some advice as how to do that?
Thanks, as I don't know how.
It should be possible in TS Mac 1
Cheers.
Maas

This depends on whether you want to keep the western passengers in the passenger cars and change a station so that the passengers on the platform are western passengers or vice versa,

To change the station passengers first clone the passenger enabled station you want to use. Go to Edit in explorer (or whatever the equivalent is on the Mac version) and open the config.txt file in a TEXT editor.

Find the line(s) starting "queues" and then "product-kuid", change the kuid to the kuid of the passenger load you want. Depending on the number of platforms there might be more than one product kuid to change. There is also a line in the kuid table that refers to the passenger kuid and this will also need replacing. Exit the text editor then close the explorer window and go to edit commit.

If you want to change the passenger type in the Passenger cars the method is the same just clone the car first then edit its config.txt file.

I have not done this for passengers but I often successfully add or change loads on wagons so I do not see why it should not work for passengers.

Back