Replcacing "bogies" or trucks

jeff1959

All right, I have attempted to search the forum for what I need, but don't seem to understand how to search properly or I just can't find it.

I have T2010EE. I am missing a KUID 2:3432450204:4 It belongs to an A-3 Truck 70 ton. It is needed for this truck to be used with PS 1 boxcars that I downloaded.

Failing to find this KUID; is there a way to replace this bogie to another 70 ton truck? I know it's possible, just don't know how to replace this asset with another one.

Jeff
Building the Augsburg & Concord R.R.

To replace the bogey, you have to modify the config.txt file. You need to replace the kuid of the current bogey with the kuid of the bogey that you want to use.

Mike

Just be aware, sometimes you need to adjust the orientation and/or position settings for them. Google it, I think there is a trainz wiki thingy about that.

Paul

where are the boxcars from? i have a theory: you may have made an error in the kuid. it seems like it should be <kuid2:45324:50204:2>, otherwise known as S-2 Truck 70 ton 220,000 lbs 6in x 11in 33in wheels. it is used on P-S boxcars from Jointed Rail and is built-in in TS12. that's just me, though.

Last edited:
Nope, no error in the kuid. Those are the trucks. As I said in the original post, I'm using T2010. They might be in 2012, but NOT in 2010.

I have 2010
Post boxcar kuid in question.
I have replaced trucks.
I will attempt to fix it and explain how.

Or you could edit it in CCP under bogies

Using this method the asset will be automatically updated to your possibly higher build number which if an old asset could introduce a lot more errors.

Much safer to use "Edit in Explorer" and edit the config.txt file.

Back