Forum and Email

PWeiser

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to post - this is a general question about the Forum's intersection with private mail (PM) and email.

A gentleman sent me a PM with a request for some changes to an asset I built. I would like to reply, but the sender's PM box is full (of which the sender took note in his PM) and an email address was supplied instead.

At one time the PM system included a feature which allowed a member to send email (not PM) to another member by username - that is, the Forum system would send the message in N3V's name to the recipient's email address on file with N3V without exposing either the sender's or the recipient's email address to the other. It's been a long time since I used this feature (or received email by this means), and now I can't find the clicker to send email this way. I can see where it could be used as a harrassment tool, but (at least in my neck of the woods) this forum is not particularly subject to that kind of flamewars/stalking/harrassment.

So, my question to the moderators/sysop: Does this feature still exist and I'm just missing it, or has it in fact been disabled/eliminated?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Paul,

The recipient will receive a notification that his PM in-box is full and that you were trying to contact him.

John

No problem - in terms of the blacklisting angle, I've had this problem with my own forum due to other users of the web hosting company that I use sending spam through their servers.

Shane

Back