Trainz Forge: A Matter of Housekeeping

Timothetoolman

L.O.V.E.M.U.F.F.I.N
G'day Everyone,

As many of you are probably aware, the Trainz Forge team have been very busy with content creation over the past few months, and as we prepare for our latest 'big' release something quite irritating, as well as intriguing has come to our attention. A surprisingly large number of members (who shall remain anonymous) have been contacting me by a variety of means requesting to apply as beta testers. As nice as it is to see the amount of interest in helping, I'm afraid I have to make a number of things clear;

Firstly. we are NOT looking for beta testers at the present time. Considering the number of members we have on the team, and the different Trainz builds being used amongst them, we rarely have to outsource such testing.

Secondly, if we were in need of beta testing, we would rather approach people to test for us rather than the opposite, just like our policies on recruitment. This isn't done to disappoint but more to work in our favour, and come release time, yours. Beta testing involves more than just placing the asset in game and saying it works, to get the best out of each asset content creators should know what to look out for. Again, see my first point.

Third and lastly, we have come to realise that some people want to be beta testers for the soul purpose of getting content early. We have had some experiences where this has happened, which becomes very frustrating for us when we are trying to get things perfect; to give someone a beta only to receive no feedback. To remove this temptation, we don't accept beta applications.

As you can probably deduce, everything that happens in our beta programme is for your benefit; ensuring that the content we create is as good as we can make so that you get more out of it, and if we are going to do it properly, we need to be careful in how we do it. So from now on, all beta requests will be ignored, and Skype contact additions will be blocked, the same going for PMs. Hopefully you can all keep patient as we work our butts off to make sure everything is 110% perfect.

Sincerely,
The Trainz Forge Team

timothetoolman,

You have wonderful, I repeat wonderful (awesome) Western pacific F7 units. I've downloaded everything I can find for dependencies on Jointed Rail dot com. Still cannot find this:

<kuid:438995:1223>

It is a hornsound. I know it is easy to change it, but wonder where the original may be? Could you possibly help find a location or link? I know a few others looking for it, as well.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Paul

Back