When will Trainz have content from Indian Railways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually your question was not addressed to Auran, but to the forum readers in general.
So as a forum reader my answer would be. When you actually make it yourself.

Its a big sub continent with a huge population, surely someone in India knows how to use GMax, Blender etc.

Actually your question was not addressed to Auran, but to the forum readers in general.

Its a big sub continent with a huge population, surely someone in India knows how to use GMax, Blender etc.

So are you telling me that auran will release the same thing again and again.
No improvisation?

So are you telling me that auran will release the same thing again and again.
No improvisation?

Auran, you mean N3V, doesn't make much content. Their focus is on the game engine and support. It's the Trainz community, meaning the people in the forums here, that make the content. Having said that, you can make your own, or find someone who knows about 3d models and they can make the assets for you.

You say here "...will release the same thing again and again".

Apparently you are an owner and user and have not registered your Trainz version. So which version are you talking about, exactly?. If you registered your copy of Trainz, you could actually have access to the over 300,000 items available to you on the Download Station as well as full support from the community. If you have already registered, contact the Helpdesk to resolve this issue.

Regards,

John

I know it's not specifically what you're looking for, but one of the nicest prototypical fan-made settings I've seen is the IR's Darjeeling Himalayan Railway. The route used to be downloadable from the Trainz Darjeeling Himalayan website but I see they've moved it to the Download Station. Makes for a smoother installation but it does mean that downloading it will take days, possibly weeks, unless you buy a subscription. That's a choice made by the group that made the route, though, so please don't blame the big mean software developers.

(Now, we can talk about the big mean software developers' unreasonable download throttling, or the way I came away from their website under the impression that DLS would only be slower for unpaid users instead of totally unusable... but that's for another thread.)

I was going to suggest that part of the issue might be that nobody wants to work on trains meant for Broad Gauge when something made for Standard Gauge can fit in with so many more layouts. But even though there's a pretty reasonable following for narrow gauge stuff, Indian Railways equipment on Metre Gauge isn't well represented either, so I'm probably wrong on that.

Ultimately, it comes down to this: the people who are volunteering their own time to develop content for fun are developing the things they're interested in. For me, I have an interest in "short line" freight services in North America, so that's what I'm working on.

Mate if i can make the model then why will ask auran to make one..o_O
Me neither, so in order to create the content I'm interested in, I'm learning.

I was gonna say that I liked that Indian diesel, reminded me a bit of some of the later Alco RS series... turns out they're cousins! The WDM3A you posted a video of is an evolution of the WDM2, built in India but prototyped by Alco a few years after the similar looking RS-11, both of which have a reputation for being versatile and reliable... though it seems the Indian-built ones have long outlasted Alco's own! Nice!

Last edited:
@viscas91:

In terms of creation, the Darjeeling Himalayan Railroad took about 10 persons 3 and a half years to create the route. Everything on it that was Indian was created by the same ones who created the route. Our decision to put it on the DLS was not taken lightly, but to maintain the web site indefinitely created a strain on finances and other considerations. As another said, in order to download it from the Download Station (DLS) you will have to invest money in purchasing a First Class Ticket that will allow more than 100Mb and data rates around 12-15Kbps.

You will also have to register your game so that you can even use the DLS. I highly advise doing that as soon as you can so that more persons will help you. No registration - not much support (or sympathy) from us users.

Auran, you mean N3V, doesn't make much content. Their focus is on the game engine and support. It's the Trainz community, meaning the people in the forums here, that make the content. Having said that, you can make your own, or find someone who knows about 3d models and they can make the assets for you.

Apparently you are an owner and user and have not registered your Trainz version. So which version are you talking about, exactly?. If you registered your copy of Trainz, you could actually have access to the over 300,000 items available to you on the Download Station as well as full support from the community. If you have already registered, contact the Helpdesk to resolve this issue.

Regards,

John

I sold my TS2012 on steam because i can't download DLC's (my connection is slow 50 kbps).....each time i tried it got disconnected.

I prefer DVD now.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/Tutorial_for_Blender#Newcomers_start_here

Have fun making some.

Cheerio John

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?88663-Indian-Railways-DLW-WDM2-locomotive-available-for-download

Regards,

John

Auran or rather N3V these days make very little content as someone has mentioned its basically the community that makes the content.

Cheerio John

I know it's not specifically what you're looking for, but one of the nicest prototypical fan-made settings I've seen is the IR's Darjeeling Himalayan Railway. The route used to be downloadable from the Trainz Darjeeling Himalayan website but I see they've moved it to the Download Station. Makes for a smoother installation but it does mean that downloading it will take days, possibly weeks, unless you buy a subscription. That's a choice made by the group that made the route, though, so please don't blame the big mean software developers.

(Now, we can talk about the big mean software developers' unreasonable download throttling, or the way I came away from their website under the impression that DLS would only be slower for unpaid users instead of totally unusable... but that's for another thread.)

I was going to suggest that part of the issue might be that nobody wants to work on trains meant for Broad Gauge when something made for Standard Gauge can fit in with so many more layouts. But even though there's a pretty reasonable following for narrow gauge stuff, Indian Railways equipment on Metre Gauge isn't well represented either, so I'm probably wrong on that.

Ultimately, it comes down to this: the people who are volunteering their own time to develop content for fun are developing the things they're interested in. For me, I have an interest in "short line" freight services in North America, so that's what I'm working on.

Me neither, so in order to create the content I'm interested in, I'm learning.

I was gonna say that I liked that Indian diesel, reminded me a bit of some of the later Alco RS series... turns out they're cousins! The WDM3A you posted a video of is an evolution of the WDM2, built in India but prototyped by Alco a few years after the similar looking RS-11, both of which have a reputation for being versatile and reliable... though it seems the Indian-built ones have long outlasted Alco's own! Nice!

@viscas91:

In terms of creation, the Darjeeling Himalayan Railroad took about 10 persons 3 and a half years to create the route. Everything on it that was Indian was created by the same ones who created the route. Our decision to put it on the DLS was not taken lightly, but to maintain the web site indefinitely created a strain on finances and other considerations. As another said, in order to download it from the Download Station (DLS) you will have to invest money in purchasing a First Class Ticket that will allow more than 100Mb and data rates around 12-15Kbps.

You will also have to register your game so that you can even use the DLS. I highly advise doing that as soon as you can so that more persons will help you. No registration - not much support (or sympathy) from us users.

@ Viscas,

Can you register your game to your account so we can see for which version of the game your are searching content for?

https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php

Guys I sold my TS 2012 on steam.

I thought auran and n3v were working on Trainz thats why i posted my request here(well i was wrong).

I thought Auran and N3V was like Activision,Treyarch,Blizzard,etc...that have employed programmers,animators,etc for there game developement.

I know how difficult it is to make a game assets...I am a programmer myself...when i code something it will take weeks for me to create a 1mb code.

So no offense for you guys....Nice work on Trainz.

Understood.

Perhaps you can register your DVD version when you receive it. I suggest you order it from either Simulator Central which is N3V's sales site. www.simulatorcentral.com

May I ask how you were able to sell your Steam copy? I didn't know that was allowed.

Regards,

John

May I ask how you were able to sell your Steam copy? I didn't know that was allowed.

It is not allowed. If you haven't installed a game you bought, you can "gift" it since it has not be registered to you yet, so it is possible to trade or sell an unregistered inventory copy. I find it rather odd that someone who doesn't trust PayPal or buying on-line is willing to accept payment from and transfer license keys to random strangers on the Internet.

In any case, the answer to the question is clear: Trainz doesn't come with routes and trains from India. There is some stuff on the DLS; Franklin mentioned something that sounds quite impressive. But since the OP is opposed to buying stuff on-line or downloading large files, then the OP is out of luck.

The route I mentioned (DHR) is on the DLS entirely. The largest item (except for the route itself, which is 24.93 Mb) is only 5.42 Mb. Once you are able to utilize the DLS (by purchasing your DVD of the game AND registering it with N3V at SimulatorCentral). Without a FCT, your download will be painfully long (spread out over many, many days) because you have a limit of only 100Mb a day. If you first download the route itself, then Content Manager (which does the actual downloading) will download away until the 100 Mb limit is hit for that day. The next day (which may NOT be a 'day' for you because the 'day' is measured by an Australian 'day') you can continue downloading items until you reach 100 Mb again. Keep doing that until the entire route is downloaded.

OR, you can purchase a FCT and download the whole thing in around an hour. Every item is on the DLS, you will not have to go looking for anything else anywhere else. Be aware, however, that this route is a 2-foot narrowgauge route with steam engines, very steep grades, tight-radius curves and runs from 470 feet up to 7500 feet in 54 miles. It is located in the Bengal district.

If you have any problems downloading, installing, or running the DHR, there is a thread available to you for posting them.

Franklin

The route I mentioned (DHR) is on the DLS entirely. The largest item (except for the route itself, which is 24.93 Mb) is only 5.42 Mb. Once you are able to utilize the DLS (by purchasing your DVD of the game AND registering it with N3V at SimulatorCentral). Without a FCT, your download will be painfully long (spread out over many, many days) because you have a limit of only 100Mb a day. If you first download the route itself, then Content Manager (which does the actual downloading) will download away until the 100 Mb limit is hit for that day. The next day (which may NOT be a 'day' for you because the 'day' is measured by an Australian 'day') you can continue downloading items until you reach 100 Mb again. Keep doing that until the entire route is downloaded.

OR, you can purchase a FCT and download the whole thing in around an hour. Every item is on the DLS, you will not have to go looking for anything else anywhere else. Be aware, however, that this route is a 2-foot narrowgauge route with steam engines, very steep grades, tight-radius curves and runs from 470 feet up to 7500 feet in 54 miles. It is located in the Bengal district.

If you have any problems downloading, installing, or running the DHR, there is a thread available to you for posting them.

Franklin

I just sold my TS2012 on steam in steam autumn sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, guess you shouldn't have sold it, then? Everything else has been explained to you.

Last edited:
Viscas,

Thank you for responding and I'm glad you plan to purchase the DVD version in the future. In the future, please refrain from using bold and large text as that, like CAPS is considered shouting and rude. I have taken the liberties to 'quiet' down your post.

Regards,

John

Viscas,

Thank you for responding and I'm glad you plan to purchase the DVD version in the future. In the future, please refrain from using bold and large text as that, like CAPS is considered shouting and rude. I have taken the liberties to 'quiet' down your post.

Regards,

John

lol...i will buy the game only when it will have modification....locos,cars,etc.

I'll not buy the game if same thing is released again and again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back