Is there a way to get ahold of Ocemy.. or who ever made this Nickel plate berkshire?

765mchone

I have created the whistle for 765 using actual Audio from the engine.. I want to send it in so that It can be put on the locomotive for one last update so that everyone will be happy. Thanks! :D

Good Morning 765mchone
We have no plans to update the NKP High Speed Freight Pack further at this time, unless a major update is required.

Yesterday's update includes several improvements, including a custom whistle and bell sound (provided by Steve Lerro of K&L Trainz), and a new enginesound sourced from the DLS (by wva-usa), as well as improvements to smoke effects (including animated cylinder drain effects operated by pressing alt+D on your keyboard :) ), and of course the fix for the caboose textures.

A run yesterday, for me, had the whistle still being quite clear from quite a distance (about 200m from the loco - this was working hard at about 35MPH - had quite a load behind it!). The bell is relatively quiet, as it should be at a reasonable distance. Whistles are a very subjective thing, and the actual sound will vary depending on how the whistle is 'played' by the driver and the boiler pressure at the time. As such, this is something that, no matter which sound we use, it will not please everyone.

Regards

Good Morning 765mchone
We have no plans to update the NKP High Speed Freight Pack further at this time, unless a major update is required.

Yesterday's update includes several improvements, including a custom whistle and bell sound (provided by Steve Lerro of K&L Trainz), and a new enginesound sourced from the DLS (by wva-usa), as well as improvements to smoke effects (including animated cylinder drain effects operated by pressing alt+D on your keyboard :) ), and of course the fix for the caboose textures.

A run yesterday, for me, had the whistle still being quite clear from quite a distance (about 200m from the loco - this was working hard at about 35MPH - had quite a load behind it!). The bell is relatively quiet, as it should be at a reasonable distance. Whistles are a very subjective thing, and the actual sound will vary depending on how the whistle is 'played' by the driver and the boiler pressure at the time. As such, this is something that, no matter which sound we use, it will not please everyone.

Regards

Well, I personally wouldn't mind going in and changing it myself.. but for some reason you have to be " Authorized" to change anything. All the other trainz assets are something I can go into and edit any time I want to without error. Subject to change, The 765 has had recent excursions with multiple historic " Whistles" . People would like to go and change the sounds to their enjoyment.. example would be the N&W hooter whistle that I recall it having on one certain trip. Just something to be kept in mind. Jointed rail is payware stuff but it does not become built in and is free to edit at pleasure. Question would be, why couldn't this one do the same?

The reason for that is because in TS12 SP1, DLC content purchased from N3V is handled in a different manner to content from say JR, and is normally locked to prevent editing/committing. This is unlikely to change the way I see it due to risks of people trying to upload modified versions of the content that they are not authorised to do.

Shane

The reason for that is because in TS12 SP1, DLC content purchased from N3V is handled in a different manner to content from say JR, and is normally locked to prevent editing/committing. This is unlikely to change the way I see it due to risks of people trying to upload modified versions of the content that they are not authorised to do.

Shane

It is also why many of us have decided to "vote with our wallets" and not purchase any further DLC until the practice is stopped, or changed to atleast allow editing on our own machines, and not needing an internet connection for "Phone Home" verification.

K&L's version is editable. So is leeferr and colorado71 versions. You can change the whistle on those. I compared all versions and leeferr's version has poor textures, colorado71's wrong cowcatcher type and a few other oddballs, ocemy's has the best textures but based on Pere Marquette 1225 and has swinging bell, wrong for NKP. Non editable. K&L's better textures but not photorealistic like dlc version by ocemy but it can be edited. Locomotive seems too light. I made a darker black version for myself, someone uploaded a modified version of colorado71's version to DLS recently. Not sure what is changed on it, loco is missing two files that are unknown. All of the versions have some flaws. K&L's has option for Mars light.

Last edited:
An NKP Berkshire has just been released on the DLS, but I have found that it doesnt actually run, it just goes about 1-2 miles an hour hopelessly wheelslipping even on 10 and below regulator.

Back