Prototypical NSW routes? need tips?

Falken442

Can someone explain or post some screenshots of whats prototypical on a New South Wales route?. I'm currently doing one which is a small fictional route that starts at Dynon in Melbourne and continues to industries and things along that line.
Prototypical as in signage, trackwork, buildings, textures, signalling etc. The era of the route is current day. So NRs and DLs operating trains some steam and heritage trains.

-Eno

Well, Dynon is in Victoria. I suggest google maps (The narrow gauge line doesn't actually follow along where the BG goes for a good 20km.) Trackwork? 3.6m spacing for BG, and where there are 2 BG and 1 SG track I suggest 3.6m spacing for BG track and then move the SG track to 5m spacing away from the BG track. (so the two splines circles are line up next to each other)

http://www.signaldiagramsandphotos.com/mywebpages/vr/metroline.html

Would you model Appleton Dock as well?

Trackwork? Use Zec's BG and SG wood and his Dual gauge track set.
Signage? I'm not to sure about that
Buildings? practically anything, with cities radiating outward and lower densities as you move outwards
textures? depends on what season you're modelling
Signalling? BG uses Victorian signalling (modern stuff not yet available) and SG uses NSW signalling I think

Back